Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OGASAWARA JD1  (Read 2857 times)
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 06:50:37 AM »

I've never once heard JD/o anywhere except 15/17/20. 80m Zone 27 (for me) will be extremely difficult. Even on the upper bands there are no easy Qs from Z27 here.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 06:58:04 AM »

I've never once heard JD/o anywhere except 15/17/20. 80m Zone 27 (for me) will be extremely difficult. Even on the upper bands there are no easy Qs from Z27 here.

Yeah well, I did mean anywhere, not just low bands. I got them on 17.
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 07:10:25 AM »

W2IRT wrote:
80m Zone 27 (for me) will be extremely difficult.

Yeah, it's definitely a polar path for you, and therefore way easier from here in the Midwest.  Those polar paths on the low bands seem to be getting more difficult as we approach a sunspot maximum.  There's an interesting discussion of this on the Top Band Reflector: http://lists.contesting.com/_topband/2012-11/msg00416.html

73 & GL,
Chuck  NI0C
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 07:50:48 AM »

W2IRT wrote:

Yeah, it's definitely a polar path for you, and therefore way easier from here in the Midwest.  Those polar paths on the low bands seem to be getting more difficult as we approach a sunspot maximum.  There's an interesting discussion of this on the Top Band Reflector: http://lists.contesting.com/_topband/2012-11/msg00416.html

73 & GL,
Chuck  NI0C

When W2IRT says it's difficult it really just meant 'if I could hear 'em I could work them'.

Jonathan W6GX
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 06:31:49 PM »

W2IRT wrote:

When W2IRT says it's difficult it really just meant 'if I could hear 'em I could work them'.

Jonathan W6GX

Heh. Yep. I never hear the Pacific well on 80 or 160. There's just too much noise at my QTH. Neighbours with plasma TVs, an industrial park a thousand yards away, an aging and badly-maintained electrical grid with arcing transformers every few hundred feet...you can't even listen to an AM radio station while driving in our area due to electrical noise from almost every other pole. S9 on the vertical is common, and even the K9AY it's S2-3 most nights. So unless someone in the Pacific is running 1.21 jiggawatts connected to a DeLorean I probably won't hear them on 364 nights of the year.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N2NL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 02:18:30 PM »

Pete, I'm waiting for the next dip in SFI and quiet geomagnetic conditions, and I'll be back on 80m.  Still waiting for you to call in one of these days!  I try to be on for EC sunrise.  1/4 wave vertical with 90 radials and 1.5KW.  If you can hear me, I will hear you (1000ft Beverage toward W2/W3)

73, Dave
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 02:50:45 PM »

Would be nice, that's for sure! I'm not up early very often but I've got a DX alarm set for KH2 on 80 that should start hollering at me if you're spotted locally. I'm hoping to get my K9AY loop repaired this weekend as well, and if/when that's back on line I should stand a fighting chance.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: