Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Delta Loop Collinear QST  (Read 1519 times)
KC4MOP

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2012, 06:35:24 AM »

Anyone willing to try this antenna?? Pg 32 DEC, QST. About 286 feet of wire for two delta loops and some phasing coax, two current baluns at the feed-points, and antenna tuner. 40M, 20Mm, 15m and 10m.
My focus would be 40 and 20, 15.
I have a 5/8 wave for 10M.

I am assessing my present dipole bracket to see if it could handle another long antenna wire. I'm attaching a photobucket of the situation here. It would be nice to do before the real Winter arrives.
I'm guessing it should be ok. It was not a compromise cheapo. And the pulley is a Marine grade type up there. Dunno yet.
The bracket up there now:
http://s1263.beta.photobucket.com/user/mopman6/media/DIPOLE.jpg.html

The Pole:

http://s1263.beta.photobucket.com/user/mopman6/media/POLE.jpg.html
thanks for looking.....Happy Thanksgiving
Fred
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 06:42:29 AM by KC4MOP » Logged
KO7I

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »

I once used one of these with two identical loops aligned one behind the other seperated a qtr wave on 75 meters. they were fed in phase and it worked very well.
I think the method used in the QST article is better design than what I did back in the day (1977).
73, Don
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 03:26:30 PM »

I once used one of these with two identical loops aligned one behind the other seperated a qtr wave on 75 meters. they were fed in phase and it worked very well.
I think the method used in the QST article is better design than what I did back in the day (1977).
73, Don
One loop behind the other would be a different configuration to be like a two element Yagi. But give a similar performance of a Collinear. Probably not as much gain. dunno.
Looking at my QTH and the changing WX I am second thinking this project. Two delta loops "in series (Collinear)  and 24 feet separation between elements, takes up a lot of real estate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: