Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modification of NorCal 2030 to support IQ output for SDR applications  (Read 1479 times)
WN7T

Ignore
« on: November 25, 2012, 11:35:43 AM »

Hello QRP forum users,

I want to implement an ultra-compact SDR based panadapter for my NorCal 2030 xcvr kit.

Has anyone here tried modifying their NorCal 2030 to provide an IQ output for using iSDR from Digital Confections? This is a little 5 watt QRP xcvr designed by Dan Tayloe and can be built for use on the 20 or 30 meter bands. It uses a very low phase noise crystal-based PTO to drive the QSD/QDE circuit. I built the 20 meter version a few years ago and have used it extensively on the air. I am in the process of building the 30 meter version now.

If you have modified your NorCal 2030 for IQ output, did you implement a padded buffer amp for signal isolation, phase and amplitude corrections? What amp gain figure did you use as a target to feed into a Sonoma Wire Works GuitarJack Model 2 stereo ADC or Line 6 Mobile In stereo ADC for use with an iPhone?

Paul WN7T
KH2BR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 08:45:04 AM »

K5BCQ has a panadaptor, but you will need the sdr2go.

http://www.qsl.net/k/k5bcq/Kits/Kits.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: