Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Real time tracking of Qso's on map?  (Read 5450 times)
KD5NLV

Ignore
« on: November 26, 2012, 07:14:45 PM »

Hello,

While operating CQWW CW this weekend I was thinking it would be pretty cool if there was a way to track my qso's on a map "real time". I know a few general logging programs will draw a line from your QTH to the station worked on a map, but I was wondering if it can be done using a contest logging program such as N1MM and being able to track my qso on another monitor running Google Earth or DX Atlas. When a station is worked it will either put a dot on the map of the DX station using info from QRZ.com, or simply just a dot in the center of the DX country Maybe color coded for band.

Can this be done?
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 09:17:55 AM »

Hello,

While operating CQWW CW this weekend I was thinking it would be pretty cool if there was a way to track my qso's on a map "real time". I know a few general logging programs will draw a line from your QTH to the station worked on a map, but I was wondering if it can be done using a contest logging program such as N1MM and being able to track my qso on another monitor running Google Earth or DX Atlas. When a station is worked it will either put a dot on the map of the DX station using info from QRZ.com, or simply just a dot in the center of the DX country Maybe color coded for band.

Can this be done?

For an implementation of just this, see: http://pskreporter.info/.  This is exactly what you describe, but not for CW...  Would be nice for CW...
73's

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
KT4EP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 06:27:40 AM »

pskreporter lets you spot CW mode...its the 4th option under "all modes" drop down box.   I figure you may never see it very often because hams aren't spotting CW operators?
btw, I spot Olivia, Domino, MFSK16 etc when I see them or talk to someone in those modes.  Most of what you see is either psk31 or jt65 spots.
KT4EP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: