Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: icom 730 - Signalink USB - Audio feedback  (Read 4672 times)
KD7HRHJ

Ignore
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »

Hi

Using the information from earlier posts, I have connected my Icom 730 to the Signalink USB via the 24 pin accessory connector.  I verified with DigiPan that audio from accessory plug does make its way to the program.  The problem I have is that after 1 min, the audio to the radio's speakers cuts out.  No static, nothing at all, even with the volume on full.  But, audio is still going out the accessory plug to DigiPan.  If I unplug the radio from the Signalink, audio comes back.  Additional testing showed that when the Signalink is plugged into the radio but no program like that uses it is running (No DigiPan), there is an immediate drop (but not much) in the audio from the radio's speakers.  However, the radio's audio stays on. If you turn up the volume, you start to get a loud feedback noise in the radio's speaker.  This occurs even if the USB in not plugged into the computer.  I also noted that the radio volume will cut out only after DigiPan is started.  I know this sounds very strange, but has anyone had this type of issue before?  Any ideas on what I could do?  Thank you.
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 07:36:44 PM »

Sounds like you may have the jumpers wired up wrong or the interface cable wired wrong.

Double check your setup and wiring.

73 de N4CR, Phil

We are Coulomb of Borg. Resistance is futile. Voltage, on the other hand, has potential.
KC9SGV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »

Hi,

I had almost the same issue on the Icom 735.

Quick fix was to have the USB plugged into the computer, but unplug the audio patch caqble with the 1/8"  plug connectors.
Worked fine for all digital modes after that.
Turn up the computer inbound audio on the Wave slider control as well as the soundcard control (under Tools, I believe.)

Not sure if the audio patch cable creates a ground loop or what ?

KC9SGV
KD7HRHJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »

KC9SVG, N4CR

Thank you for your replies.  I grounded my computer to the station ground, but this did not help the audio feed-back issue.  So, instead of using the 24 pin accessory plug on the back of the IC-730, I connected through the microphone plug and used the headphone jack to send audio to the Signalink.  This took care of the audio feed-back and the audio shut-down.  I can use a headphone connected to the Signalink to hear the audio. 

My next issue was the radio would not change to Transmit.  I traced this to the microphone/signalink cable being wired wrong (my mistake).  So, I appear to have it all running although I don't know why the rear accessory plug on the ic-730 just doesn't seem to work. 

Thanks again for the suggestions.
K7EVI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 07:30:31 PM »

just an FYI -- Mic is always hot - audio preamp on. Unplug it so voice does not go out on air ---- or cause feedback - should solve the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: