Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old QSO's I should have sent for  (Read 3266 times)
SV1XV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 07:32:57 PM »

believe it or not, I haven't heard another signal from SV5 since....
Strange, SV5DKL is quite active, he operates almost every day. You may also try during a major contest (CQ WW or WPX), usually there is some SV5 operation in these.
AF5C

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 08:34:17 PM »

and in my stupidity as a young dxer, I pu pu-ed SV5TS as being for Greece and not the Dodecanese Islands...Ya snooze, ya lose!.....

I hope you haven't passed up on SV2ASP CQing with no callers because you thought it was "Just Greece"

John AF5CC
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »

I got back on the air about two years ago after several breaks.  I had needed QSLs for ATNOs from 1990-1991 and 2000 to 2001.  I sent out about 10 to 12 cards and I received every
QSL back. These included 2 separate Johnston Island QSLs, Libya, Juan Fernandez, South Shetlands, Midway, Mayotte, and the others I can't recall but I have them written down somewhere. All, other than the South Shetlands, were for countries that would be semi-hard to extremely hard to work now.

I received help on the forum, from a woman in Poland, Google searches, etc.  I was lucky in that none of those involved had passed away.

Give it a shot. I think you will be surprised at how well you do.

Chris/NU1O
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 04:11:57 AM »

and in my stupidity as a young dxer, I pu pu-ed SV5TS as being for Greece and not the Dodecanese Islands...Ya snooze, ya lose!.....

I hope you haven't passed up on SV2ASP CQing with no callers because you thought it was "Just Greece"

John AF5CC

Well first of all, if SV2ASP were cqing, i'd answer him, even if I didn't know who and/or where he is and the significance of it. DX is DX. The issue here is qsling.  As far as that goes, I am stupid, but I am not that stupid!...... Grin........LOL....

V
KA3NRX
AF5C

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »

SV5TS was one of the first entities I really made a plan to work.  I noticed he came on 20m SSB around the same time and frequency every evening, so started planning my evenings around being on 20m at that time.  Finally paid off after a few weeks.  That was in 2000.  Mike, SV5BYR is very active now and has given me a new band country on several of the higher bands.

Back in the mid 80s I worked a J49 station and it took me a while to realize that it was Crete and not just Greece.  The 9 in the district position finally opened up my eyes on that one so I sent off for a QSL. I think it was Balder DJ6SI operating from Crete.

John AF5CC
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »

Also look for anybody signing SX5 or J45. Both count as SV5 (Dodecanese).

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
AF5C

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 07:12:02 PM »

Got SV5BYR confirmed today for a new band country on 15, 12, and 10, so he is a good QSLer. Have to go direct, though.

John AF5CC
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 01:23:02 PM »

In 2004 I finally got around to tracking down the ops and got a QSL for the operation of U0Y in zone 23 from 1979! It completed my WAZ. So it is all do-able. As long as there are logs.

paul
SV1XV

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »

and SV5TS, who is now out of the hobby and I am told is too old to do much of anything now.....
I just learnt that SV5TS is alive and well, he just took his beam antennas down for maintenance and, until he can put them back up the tower, he plans to install temporary wire antennas (dipoles).
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 11:20:56 AM »

and SV5TS, who is now out of the hobby and I am told is too old to do much of anything now.....
I just learnt that SV5TS is alive and well, he just took his beam antennas down for maintenance and, until he can put them back up the tower, he plans to install temporary wire antennas (dipoles).

Hello Costas:

Some time ago I e-mailed an Italian ham who shared a web site

http://www.ik1pmr.com/dx-peditions/sv5/?topic=SV5TS

with Vasilis as to his status...This ham in Italy (IK1PMR) essentially told me what I posted on the thread...that Vasilis is too old to do anything.. I have been trying for 10 years to get a qsl card from him for our 1992 qso.....I am not sure what to believe at this point, as all qsl cards sent to SV5TS direct with money for postage have gone unanswered as well as e-mails......and conditions have not been good enough this cycle for me to hear that part of Greece....I think I heard SV5BYR once on 15 and he was very weak.....If you can contact Vasilis and explain to him my sistuation, I'd greatly appreciate it......Thanks for this information and CU on the threads....

Kala Christoyenna
Vince P
KA3NRX
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:26:31 AM by KA3NRX » Logged
SV1XV

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »

If you can contact Vasilis (SV6TS) and explain to him my sistuation, I'd greatly appreciate it......Thanks for this information and CU on the threads....
Hi Vince, I don't know SV5TS personally but I forwarded your request to a common friend. 73 and Merry Christmas.

K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 09:07:41 AM »

if i may take some license with the thread title: anyone who worked Atlantis prior to its disappearance must really be wishing they had QSL'ed earlier!  Shocked
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: