Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FRAUD ALERT, SCAMMER N6YYI  (Read 3378 times)
K4DVW

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2012, 11:33:13 AM »

DON'T BUY ANTHING FROM N6YYI!!! HAS SCAMMED ME OUT OF $137.21 FOR ICOM V8000 RADIO. HE IS A CROOK. NEVER DELIVERS MERCHANDISE. HE PROMISED ME REFUND ALSO WHICH NEVER CAME.
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 02:40:17 PM »

From QRZ forum today...

Please be aware of N6YYI. He advertised a Yaesu FT847 on QRZ.COM and I contacted him and made a deal. I never received the radio and was given multiple excuses, Finally I requested a refund and was assured it would be forthcoming. It never was !!! Luckily I had paid with Paypal so I filed a claim with Paypal. I am still waiting the outcome of my claim. To date I am out $850.00 that this scammer N6YYI has cheated me out of. Hopefully I will receive my refund through Paypal. If you see something advertised by N6YYI please do not contact him. You will be sorry !!
NI4Z

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »

Sorry to say I have also had some recent difficulty with N6YYI.  I responded to his ad for a Kenwood TH-6 handheld and paid with PayPal on November 25, 2012.  Four days later he claimed to have shipped this item via USPS but would not furnish tracking information.  To cut to the chase, he has not shipped the radio.  I have opened a case with PayPal and hopefully this will result in a refund.  I think this may be a good case to use PayPal regardless of the fees involved.  A small percentage is lots better than getting dinged for a few hundred bucks.  NOTE: N6YYI still has several ads still open on eHam.  Two others have responded that N6YYI has failed to ship items.  I have bought and sold quite a number of items here and on QTH.com and this is the first time I have had this experience from a fellow ham.

Condy NI4Z
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 01:01:05 PM »

I think this may be a good case to use PayPal regardless of the fees involved.  A small percentage is lots better than getting dinged for a few hundred bucks.

I ALWAYS use PayPal for that very reason...  Over the past few years I have had two problems, both of which were raised to PayPal's attention.  In both cases, they found in my favor.  It is sad when one needs PayPal to keep from getting cheated by a fellow Ham...  When I buy something I use PayPal, when I sell something, I expect PayPal, if I can't have it that way, I don't buy, or sell... 
I always get leery of folks that seem to have a problem with PayPal...  i.e. the "I refuse to use PayPal because they can get into my bank account", types...  I welcome PayPal into mine for sales I make, I want the purchaser to feel that he is getting a fair shake, and have a way to say, wait a moment if he ever needs to...  In all of my sales, I have never had a person abuse the policy PayPal has, nor have I had a person ever need to contact PayPal, so I have learned to trust PayPal on both sides of a deal...

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
WR2M

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 02:22:28 PM »

I also purchased his Kenwood F6A I got the same lies as the as the other gentleman who also bought the same F6A )\(if he even had one) . The only thing that saved mes that PayPal refunded my money 3 weeks later.
Bill, WR2M
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 04:54:52 PM »

I also purchased his Kenwood F6A I got the same lies as the as the other gentleman who also bought the same F6A )\(if he even had one) . The only thing that saved mes that PayPal refunded my money 3 weeks later.
Bill, WR2M

The nice thing is, after two of these PayPal incidents, PayPal will suspend him... 

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
KG2IS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 06:55:58 AM »

Scammer Alert from JAMES J. BAKOS N6YYI. Typical scam, gentleman offer for sale in good price FT726R. I used paypal to close transaction same day. He is using company name ONA SURPLUS to collect Pay-Pal. "James" from Oceanside CA created online under fake name UPS label and obtain fake tracking number 1Z25X32V0397750923. Few hours later he intercepts delivery taking his time to clear money.
He was blaming on UPS and holiday delays and some other system error.UPS states that package never arrived to UPS station. His email address is N6YYIJames@aol.com .
Please contact me if you are familiar with N6YYI scamms.
I wasn't careful enough this time; Transaction was $250.00 so I didn't even bother to take his cell number or references. My advice is: make research on online before buy, check ebay ratings, get referral friend phone number.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: