Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there more bad operators coming along?  (Read 4812 times)
K3CLT

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2012, 06:29:27 AM »

Is it just me or is there more bad operators on the bands? I have been checking into the Graveyard Net on 3.967 in the morning for the last few years. During the past 2+ years there has been someone coming in and interfering with the net. I go to the ECARS net on 7.255 and there is the same thing recently. It seems that if someone goes to his favorite frequency to have a rag chew and the frequency is in use the operator thinks its OK to dump a carrier or otherwise interfere and chase the other people off the band. The same seems to be true when working DX. If the DX station won't answer me than I will make it hard for him to hear anyone.
I work a fair amount on my HF from my pick up because I work out of town and it keeps me connect. It just seems that there is more of this going on.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 08:41:21 AM »

Not exactly an answer to your question, but look at the world in general.  Is it getting more polite out there?  It doesn't seem so.  Are there a lot more people that would rather push you out of their way than say "excuse me?"  There certainly seems to be nowadays.  Unfortunately, behavior on the bands tends to follow that, so, yes, I guess you could say that there are more hams out there that can be called lids--bad operators.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 06:53:55 PM »

I agree with the previous post.  There are more than enough lids on the air, but it's also worth noting that there are still plenty of good and decent operators out there too. 
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 04:33:58 AM »

And that I would have to agree with.   Smiley
AD0AR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »

Back on July 25th 2012 I was listening to a pileup on a dx station that was contesting.  I repeatedly heard an operator who was trying to bust through the pileup and work the dx station who was obviously using an amplifier as he was consistently s9+10, and when he finally did bust through to make the qso, to the dismay to the rest of us unlucky operators who were patiently awaiting our turn, that operator then called a QRzed on the DX station frequency!  Needless to say, in the immortal words from Homie the clown from the television show "In Living Color" ~Homie don't play that~ and the whole pileup stomped him out of there with a simultaneous transmission that exceeded s9+30 voicing a strong negative opinion of his actions.  I was really appalled at the brazen attitude of that operator.  I wish I had gotten his callsign, but I doubt it would have been the operator's true credentials.
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »

Try CW for a refreshing change in manners and operator skill.
KT4WO

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 01:28:42 PM »

RE:"Try CW for a refreshing change in manners and operator skill. "

Yes...the digi modes were good until the P-n-P Signalink crowd
came along.....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: