Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TIGERTRONICS SIGNALINK WITH A MAC COMPUTER  (Read 6114 times)
W6PJJ

Ignore
« on: December 17, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »

Greetings:

I am interested in meeting Amateurs for discussion purposes who have interfaced a Mac Computer running FLDIGI to a Tigertronics Signalink. Specifically, I am interested in the configuration setup in FLDIGI that is compatable with the Signalink.

Don
W6PJJ
 Cool
AK4KZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:06:07 PM »

I'm not at home right now but will be in about 3 hours. I'd be more than happy to help you. (if you don't get it solved before hand)

Chris
AK4KZ
W6PJJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 12:44:45 PM »

Chris:

That will be fine with me... we are presently at the Work QTH but should be at home around 5PM CA time. We will look for your reply... and then we can get down to business.

TNX,

Don
W6PJJ
NF9K

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

Shoot me an email if you like. I'm running that exact config.
W6PJJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 08:21:01 PM »

KF9K

Greetings:

I have been running this iMac with a Home-Brew interface for months but have been experiencing some problems with the multi layer audio board I choose to use as part of the interface, we used a PL2303 Serial to USB chip and some isolation for the PTT action it has worked flawlessly, I wish I could say so for the Audio Board.  So, we decided to try the SignaLink. The documentation for operation with a Mac is nonexistent so to speak. And, I was concerned with how the SignaLink was to work in the Mac USB world. I finally found a combination that allowed the RX & TX to work. As for any on the air tests I have not been able to yet. The Band was closing down when I arrived home this evening. If you can shoot your configuration I would like to compare it to what I have setup on FLDIGI.

I will send you an Email on as you requested. I appreciate your reply and offer for assistance Thank You.

Regards,

Don
W6PJJ
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 11:37:20 PM »

W6PJJ,

Did you ever get this working?  The SignaLink USB is probably the simplest interface around for getting on the air quickly.

In Fldigi, you simply need to choose USB Audio Codec for both your input and output sources. That's it. 

Interesting that you had some luck with the PL2303 for PTT.  For the most part, the Prolific chips are some of the more troublesome chipsets for OS X (poor drivers), whereas the FTDI and Keyspan are much better supported in OS X (especially the Keyspan USA-19HS). Of course, you won't need that for PTT any longer with the SignaLink.

Ever since you got your Mac, you've had troubles with the USB...lots of time spent looking for documentation on what is a standard USB port; something I can't figure out, but I hope you got it working. If not, feel free to shoot me an email at k3dcw at arrl.net.

Dave
K3DCW
W6PJJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 03:00:44 PM »

W6PJJ,

Did you ever get this working?  The SignaLink USB is probably the simplest interface around for getting on the air quickly.

In Fldigi, you simply need to choose USB Audio Codec for both your input and output sources. That's it. 

Interesting that you had some luck with the PL2303 for PTT.  For the most part, the Prolific chips are some of the more troublesome chipsets for OS X (poor drivers), whereas the FTDI and Keyspan are much better supported in OS X (especially the Keyspan USA-19HS). Of course, you won't need that for PTT any longer with the SignaLink.

Ever since you got your Mac, you've had troubles with the USB...lots of time spent looking for documentation on what is a standard USB port; something I can't figure out, but I hope you got it working. If not, feel free to shoot me an email at k3dcw at arrl.net.
Dave:

We had very good success with the PL2303 and have used it in several HB projects keying transmitters through some opto-coupling. I also picked up a FTDI as well and have plans for it in the future. I have interfaced the Mac quite successfully, USB is USB some of the problems others have faced seem to be in the Applications control of the USB bus, timing etc. Thanks for your comments.

Dave
K3DCW
N6SBN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 09:36:27 AM »

It's been awhile,  but I remember that the IMac found the USB sound card  (Signalink), I had to get into the IMac's "System preferences" and select the USB Soundcard.  Then, I had to select the Audio levels for the USB sound card (Signalink).    Also, I had to adjust the radio's AF gain to get a nice waterfall.

Remember to get the correct Signalink plug for your radio and to make up the jumper block for the Sinalink.  This jumper block configures the Signalink to work with your radio.
WA0AUU

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 08:11:43 PM »

It is ok to laugh guys, forgive me but I am an old guy and need a little help.  i have a Yaesu FTDX 9000 contest and just received a Tigertronics Signalink USB, my question is where do I plug it in ? Does it go to the mike connector if it does I don't think the cord that came with it will fit.  I do have 2 round 8 pin connectors they are labeled band data.
So take a minute and help an old guy out.  I have been a h am for 58 years
It would be the best for me if you would please email me direct at       leewalt@powerbank.net

A big thank you to all
best 73'S  DE  WAƘAUU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: