Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RF APPLICATIONS VFD FLORESCENT SWR-WATT METER NOT WORKING  (Read 2382 times)
K2ACB

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »

I have had an RF Application VFD vacume flourescent SWR-WATT meter for over 10 years. It worked alright until a few days ago. All of a sudden the SWR and the power in watts jumps around and I constantly have to reset the unit.This happens whether i am operating barefoot or with my amplifier.  At other times the LED numbers on the face of the unit become unreadable and the unit has to be reset. I have other swr-watt meters and they work alright.

This unit has not been manufactured in several years. It was succeeded by another unit which is also not being manufactured. The successor unit was sold by array solutions.

Can this unit be repaired? If so, is it worth it to repair such a unit?  If it can be repaired, can only Array solutions repair it?

If anyone can answer my questions i would appreciate it.

Alan-K2ACB

KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »

Sounds like an internal power supply problem. Without schematic it's hard to locate. I'd call RF Applications.
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 01:13:15 PM »

It might be as simple as the input or output connector has stretched or worn out contact in the center.   Lightly loosen the outer ring and Wiggle the connections.  If the meter responds to the mechanical input, replace the connector involved. 
K9YLI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 08:31:32 AM »

also  random intermittants in measurements,,  maybe  bad diodes.
failure of   the numbers leans toward bad  internal power supply.
perhaps  2 problems...
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »

I would check the diodes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: