Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N0D: A Special Event Station celebrating The End of the world!  (Read 2733 times)
N8FNR

Ignore
« on: December 18, 2012, 03:57:57 AM »

That's right! The end is finally near. According to one of the three Mayan Calendars, the End of the world will occur on December 21, 2012. To celebrate this—literally—once in a lifetime event, Special Event Station N0D (Now Zero Days) will be activated for three days during and possibly after the end of the world. December 20; is a celebration of the end of the world. December 21, the day of destruction, we will be on the air as long as possible. December 22...that is a little iffy right now.

Amateur radio stations around the crumbling globe are invited to contact N0D, who will be operating from a secret undisclosed location. QSL with SASE to the address in QRZ. If Doomsday actually does happen, we regret that a QSL will not be possible so hold on to your SASE until the 22nd at least.

You can celebrate Doomsday by contacting N0D directly on the air. Amateurs can also become an official Doomsday station by registering on our website. You will be given a registration number and the authority to identify yourself as an Official Doomsday Station followed by your Doomsday number.
http://www.nowzerodays.com/index.html

Zack
N8FNR
W5FYI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 07:48:38 PM »

Can you send me a QSL card right away? If I have to wait for the actual QSO, it may be too late!
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:39:56 PM »

Can you provide an approximate time for the end of the world?  I wouldn't want to miss it!
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »

could you use a spark gap rig so I can claim you on worked all bands?
WB2EOD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 08:41:14 PM »

Those who wrongly predict the end of the world  look pretty foolish the next day. 
Then again if they are right, they really can't claim credit for it. 
With nothing and nobody left, to whom are you going to brag "I told you so"??  :-)

WB2EOD
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 01:21:42 PM »

OK, well as usual the end of the world was a non-event but I did have fun watching 'The Day The Earth Caught Fire', 'Crack In The World' and 'When Worlds Collide'. Forget the modern rubbish, I'm sticking to classic Sci-Fi.

Tanakasan
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 06:05:26 PM »

Can we sue for false advertisement? 
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 04:32:58 AM »

The 6pm BBC radio news ended with:

'Last night, we reported that there is a belief that the world will end about 11 am on Friday morning. It didn't!'
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 05:33:00 AM »

And now it's Saturday morning...  Mark down this 'end of the world' thing along with the rest of the 13,849,657 such warnings that have come along over time!   Cheesy
KA1KXL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 07:09:21 PM »

OK, well as usual the end of the world was a non-event but I did have fun watching 'The Day The Earth Caught Fire', 'Crack In The World' and 'When Worlds Collide'. Forget the modern rubbish, I'm sticking to classic Sci-Fi.

Tanakasan

100% agree with you Tanakasan; forget the modern rubbish.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: