Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZL9HR money?  (Read 34479 times)
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »

ATNO #327 (current) here. 7 bands/3 modes. Thanks gents!!

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
K9DMV

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2012, 04:12:57 PM »

Thanks for ATNO #323. Great job!!!! Glad everyone is back safe and sound.

"73"

Joe  -  K9DMV

KD6KVL

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2012, 07:44:09 PM »

Thanks for ATNO 283 and 8 band/modes!
Frank KG6N
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »

ATNO, #307.  Thanks, guys!

Worked 20 CW and SSB, 17 CW...all in 15 minute time span time at the last possible moment before I departed on a road trip. 

No luck before then despite many hours trying.  It's all about timing, and blessings from the DX gods!

Well done, Gentlemen!  Thank you all!
WL7E

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »

I have been on the internet since 1990 and I have seen many things. So I decided after all this time to do a simple Google search on VK3YP and VK2IR respectively. I must say I am appalled by what was brought up. I am of the persuasion to believe nothing of what I hear and only half of what I see to come to my opinions. I looked through only the first 10 pages of each Google search. However my opinions haven’t changed.

As a credit to VK2IR the only thing I see of any consequence in the Google search was that while in Hawaii he was signing KH6/VK2IR from his hotel room remote back to his station in VK. Please correct me if I am wrong but DXCC would consider these contacts to be VK, not KH6. If so, there would be a trust issue with me. He even posted this to YouTube and you can hear it for yourself. However I couldn’t help but notice all the new (and expensive) equipment he has obtained in the recent past for his personal station. With all his travels recently his radio business must be doing very well indeed and he is a very wealthy man.

As for the other fellow, well that is a different story in the Google search. You can be your own judge if you so choose to do one. I do not believe everything I see on the internet but there has to be something behind all those posts on this one.

There is also mention of the TS-590s, the Moxon antennas, etc. These apparently were for the VK9HR DXpedition and there is a YouTube post of one being unpacked.

VK2IR has been silent from the beginning of these postings and now VK3YP has fallen silent. Perhaps this is a good thing as he made no sense to me at all.

Even though ZL9HR was not an ATNO for me (first worked in 1982, 1985, 1991) I did manage to fill two of the WARC bands (which I did not work back then) and 160. I am very appreciative for that. No KL7 worked them on 30m as they were always at noise level for us. Congratulations to all who did get a new one from this DXpedition.
WA2TPU

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2012, 12:03:53 PM »

To the ZL9HR Team....

First off, I hope that the problems you folks have/ had are being resolved with kindness/care and agreement. You did a GREAT JOB from Campbell Island and gave many, many hams with a wonderful memory of working ZL9HR as a new country. Thanks SO MUCH.

On a personal note.....I sent you 2 small donations on 2 different dates via Pay Pal. However, I am not listed on your contributor's list. Why? Just curious......

Again, THANKS FOR TO THE ZL9HR TEAM....A FANTASTIC WELL DONE JOB.

Best regards and many 72/73.......HAPPY 2013 to All.
Don sr. --WA2TPU -- A TRUE 5 WATT QRP GREEN STATION.
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »

I'm sorry to see there are some problems afterwards, I hope they get things worked out. It sounded like a good expedition from this end, and I'm glad I was able to work them once.
WA2TPU

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2012, 05:33:18 PM »

To KB2FCV.......Yep! Me too. Propagation here to ZL9HR was just plain sparse....plus the AWFUL AND TERRIBLE NON-RESPECTFUL PILE-UPS THAT CONTINUALLY WENT ON...Well....mere words can not describe or explain how I feel about those pile-ups.  I was truly GRATEFUL to finally work ZL9HR on 30 meters cw about 2 hours before dawn with my 5 watts. I've sent them 2 small donations via Pay Pal and I hope whatever problems the ZL9HR Team are having gets resolved in a kind and sincere way(s) that all team members can accept. I WANT TO THANK THE ZL9HR TEAM ONCE AGAIN. GREAT JOB! Thanks so much for pulling me out of the MESS.
Best regards and many 72/73. A Happy, Healthy, and SAFE 2013 to all.
Don sr. --WA2TPU --
VK3YP

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2012, 05:47:54 AM »

Request for Payment from all ZL9HR operators of $500 AUD per person.

Please remit your $500 AUD payment for your contribution for the $5000 AUD customs "carnet" bond.

Your contribution will be returned to you on arrival of equipment into Australia and subsequent processing of the release paperwork by customs.

Approx. ETA mid to late February 2013.

John VK3YP
ZL9HR Co Leader
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2012, 07:29:43 AM »

Posting something about money that should be for team members only. I'm not sure how much lower the reputations of you and HARAOA can fall, but you continue to dig the hole deeper.
MM0NDX

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2012, 05:11:58 PM »

3YP - is this supposed to be a wind-up, bad joke or what?

Seriously, has a clone of you posted this most silly comment? If not, why on earth are you displaying this? Smacks of desperation to obtain yet more cash ??

WS3N is spot on.
5B4AIZ

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2012, 08:28:07 AM »

Well -  this latest missive from VK3YP  can be only described as both bizarre and mendacious. further proof, although it is not needed, as to why he should not be allowed anywhere near any future expedition, let alone head it up.

We have seen from exchanges on here and on other forums that the man has a thick hide but even he must now realise that the game is over. He will already be regretting his 'largess' in returning funds to NCDXA, and promising more, as HARAOA is now a busted flush and for future funding they will need to rely on sales of sausages, meat pies and Fosters beer. 

It has been heartening to see the Ham Community stand up and speak up against this abuse of our trust. There are a couple of exceptions - firstly I would say to those who wished it all to be kept private - how can it be kept private when the leaders will not communicate with the remainder of the group? How would we be alerted to this type of situation a) for those organisations and individual donors invited to make future subscriptions, and b) would be volunteer ops of future ventures, organised by people like this?. Secondly a couple of posters have made reference to Greek nationality of  the leaders. Reference to the HARAOA website shows that the forenames of the committee are all English. Obviously they are 2nd, 3rd generation of migrants, as far removed as many of you to your Italian Irish, Polish forefathers. Do not tar all Greeks with the same brush, these guys were schooled in the Madoff/Ponzi academy rather than that of Aristotle.

There does not appear to be much we can do to assist the international ops other than display our moral support but we can help in not further feathering the nest. Let your conscience be your guide. If you have not already subscribed for a qsl consider - I am in LOTW do I really need a hard card? If you still feel that you want the card and use OQRS do not include any extra. I would like to add that you should use only direct mail with an IRC plus a elf addressed envelop or the buro but feel, in this case, that you may never see it.

73  Brian 5B4AIZ.
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2012, 09:40:36 AM »

To WA2TPU, yep 30 cw is where I worked em' also. I happened to luck out as they were operating a little different by actually moving their frequency around a bit through the pileup (not split). At first folks thought it was a pirate but sure enough I worked them quite easily with this method and I'm in the log.

I hope they're able to work out their disputes amicably. I also sent a bit extra in my OQRS. My thanks to all the folks who put this rare on on the air.
KD6KVL

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2012, 10:15:31 AM »

I guess sending money tp NCDXF and declining further donations wasn't such a great idea?
Frank KG6N
K0AP

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2013, 06:49:20 PM »

The ZL9HR Non-HARAOA Team Members sent letter to sponsors.

http://ha5ao.novolab.hu/

73 Dragan K0AP
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: