Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: yaesu 901DM refurbishing  (Read 3284 times)
KB9OAU

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2015, 06:29:35 AM »

Ok, I am looking for an Elmer of electronic tech mentor for a yaesu 901DM. I live in southern IL near the confluance of the OH and MS Rivers. I have several extra parts to use to get the old girl up n goin. I think most will be minor. want someone that can help me do this.
KB1GTX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »

That's a nice radio, is it working now?
N8CBX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:10:13 AM »

What is wrong with the 901?
Have you actually searched and gathered information on the 901? You need to search on the internet.
I have restored three of them.
Jan N8CBX

Dayton Ohio - The Birthplace of Aviation
KG6YV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 03:24:55 PM »

Look for the FT-901 Survival guide on google....Its great.

N8CBX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 07:32:02 AM »

Its not really that great from a bench repair standpoint and as well as the Yaesu service manual. If you're a newbie, and the 901 is one of your first radios to repair, its going to be very frustrating.
Jan N8CBX

Dayton Ohio - The Birthplace of Aviation
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 05:20:26 PM »

Have a complete 901 station that I bought in 1978 new.  Used it heavily in dx contests for decades and still use it.  Other than tubes, it had  one diode blow in the bridge circuit  of the power supply.   That was it. 

I also found a complete  902 station about 12 yrs ago at a hamfest and picked it up ( for the warc bands.)   But it had been converted to CB use, so I had to  order the  necessary crystals and retune it for 10m.  Works fine now.   So the two stations  sit side by side on my 2nd desk, threatening to collapse it from shear weight. LOL But they look great.  And the  manual tuner/wattmeter  is still going strong and tunes anything.

I even used the dc capability and operated  the 901 as a mobile rig during many ARRL WW SSB DX Contests while driving  the 14 hrs from Ohio to Myrtle Beach  during the first weekend of March.

Do a www search for ft901dm and youll find numerous tips and  upgrades.    Good luck.  Hope you get it working. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: