Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New OHR 100A question - parts  (Read 1917 times)
NZ0T

Ignore
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:44:39 AM »

My kids gave me the OHR 100A 40M kit for Christmas. Did the parts inventory and everything is there except in the 40 meter bag there is no 15 uH choke but there is a 15 pF mono cap instead.  OHR is closed until the end of the year so I can't ask them.  This may be a dumb question but is that cap meant to be a substitute for the choke?

73 Bill NZ0T
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 06:52:14 AM »

I doubt it. A choke and a capacitor are two different things. I'd hold off on the build until you can contact the mfg and get the proper part.
NZ0T

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 08:55:33 AM »

I figured as much and knew it was a dumb question but I've not had a chance to read the schematic yet nor am I good at understanding cicuits.  I can, however, follow instructions and build a kit.  So I got that going for me.......
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 04:56:50 AM »

I built an OHR-100A last winter with help from my two sons. All listed parts were there. I think I had a capacitor or two left over. I don't recall that choke but I'm almost certain you can solder it in near the end when you get it. 

OHR is closed until the end of the year

Email or phone them and they should answer in this situation no matter what something says about them being closed. I emailed them about a different matter recently and they answered immediately.     
WB0FDJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 07:04:33 AM »

After I built my OHR-100 I was mucking about with a screwdriver (a good way learn what not to do with electronics) when the radio went toes up. I emailed OHR and told him what I had done and I got a prompt reply telling me exactly what transistor was fried and how to test it. He was correct. I can't say enough good things about their support. Drop them an email.

DOC WB0FDJ
NZ0T

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »

Marshall emailed me at 2:30 PM Christmas Eve and will be sending the parts.  Great service!  Right up there with Elecraft.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: