Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What printer produces great labels for cards or prints cards automaticaly?  (Read 3178 times)
AC7DX

Ignore
« on: December 21, 2012, 07:14:13 PM »

I go through many printers as a manager....I'd like to find a printer that would print qso info on the back of cards as labels do not stick that well after aging. Or a GOOD label printer.
Any suggestions?? I have gone through 2 Brothers laser printers.
Tnx
Ron
AC7DX
ac7dx@comcast.net
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:12:30 PM by AC7DX » Logged
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 07:59:41 PM »

Any decent laser printer will work. I make business cards with printing on both sides with a color laser.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
K2CBI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:16:39 AM »

Brother QL-500 or 550.  Older model, not very expensive (about $50 or less), and produces excellent custom labels.

73, Mike
K2CBI
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 01:07:48 PM »

Brother QL-500 or 550.  Older model, not very expensive (about $50 or less), and produces excellent custom labels.

73, Mike
K2CBI

I'll second that.  I've had a QL-500 for several years, and it's great.
W5LZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 10:18:03 PM »

Print QSL information in some particular format?  A printer that will only do that automatically, a built-in 'app' for it?  Doubt if you'll find one.  It's mostly a matter of programming, so finding software that would do the formatting and send the information to any printer would be more of a reasonable expectation, I think.
I'm not a programmer by any means, but I make my own QSL cards on an ink-jet printer.  I use a graphics program and a 'pre-made' QSL card form.  Plug in the right information in the appropriate places and it does just dandy.  Except for that 'required information' ALL of the rest of it is subject to change at the 'tamest' 'wild haired' moment I ever have.  I'm also not above 'stealing' nice looking cards and making them 'my own', you know?  Change in call signs to protect the guilty, etc.
I haven't seen a 'dedicated' QSL card maker, but then, I haven't looked too hard either.
 - Paul
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 02:47:59 PM »

I use a dedicated printing program--PrintMaster--and a good commercial type ink jet, the HP deskjet 970Cxi.  The only difference is that I print directly to cards.  No, I don't print QSL cards--yet, but the cards I do print last a good, long time.

PrintMaster has art selections built in, and you can also import art.  It also makes some great greeting cards and business cards, and has different label templates built in. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: