Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hams using the 11 meter band with ham equipment !  (Read 21315 times)
KD8Z

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2008, 11:53:22 AM »

qrzdxr2 wrote;"Not true. I hang with the CB'ers when I travel. Best way to get road information as well as passing the time."  

What does this statement have to do with this thread?  Read the thread, it has nothing to do with truckers!
Its obvious you haven't read what I said as well!
Its obvious you are not a ham as hams are proud to show their callsign, you just registered and are obviously a cb'er, so go play there with the kids at the mall.
Hams generally don't like chicken banders because the chicken band was taken from hams so the kiddies could play radio with out sitting for a test that involves some study, also, we don't care for cb'ers butchering vintage equipment so they can play big man in the neighborhood!
Finally, hams don't care for cb'ers getting onto 10 mtrs without a license and talking like fools, the one I like to quote is cb'ers use of the term; "swings" it swings higher wattage, it shows instantly that you don't know the correct terminology and you don't car to learn it nor do you want to study to get licensed, of course now with the demise of CW (dirty rotten shame) almost anyone can get a license, even you.
Why do you choose to hang out in a ham forum where you know that cb'ers are not well tolerated?  If you simply like to argue go back to the chicken band where you can track down that guy that insulted your radio, beer, antenna, wife, etc., you know I have never had a ham track me or anyone I know down to "beat me up", I guess we travel in a different crowed.
This is the last I will say about this issue and I will not continue to respond to you or the like as you seem well suited to your cb venue.  I don't have time to educate you into being a gentleman.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2010, 09:50:20 AM »

I think the original poster is missing one point--the 11 meter band is alloted to CB--which ANYBODY can use, no license required.  Yes, the problem of ham equipment on that band is apparant, but one poster summed it up well--the FT101 series was widely converted for use on 11 meters.

Also, I think he misses the point that there are a lot of "CBers" that use illegal equipment that isn't made for either the 11 meter band OR amateur radio.  Trying to pin ilegal use exclusively on hams is just like saying public service people are using ham equipment on public service frequencies.  There are a few that try, but nowhere the number that is believed to be.
KC8VWM

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2010, 12:13:00 AM »

I'm not even sure this topic even belongs here in the site talk forum but the best answer was supplied by John, WR8D and I quote:

"Well the answer is "there's no cure for dumbass".

I think that just about sums things up in terms of this topic, don't you agree?

My Best,

Charles - KC8VWM
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:20:36 AM by Charles » Logged
KC8VWM

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2010, 12:28:27 AM »

QRZDXR2 says:

Not true.  I hang with the CB'ers when I travel.
----------------------------

I kinda figured out where you are coming from and what you are exactly a long time ago.

My callsign is KC8VWM but apparently you don't have any callsign to give. So what credibility do you possibly have in these forums exactly? Uh huh.. none whatsoever, just as I expected.

Don't happen to like that particular arrangement ? Well it seems the answer to the impeding problem at hand is rather clear isn't it?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:38:13 AM by Charles » Logged
KB9MFB

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »

I guess you didn't get the point! #1 I may be old enough to be you father.#2 What I said was Hams are using Ham equipment on the 11 meter band. I always hear from your group that thats a no-no. Yes I could get a license but that is not what is being discussed here.There are of your fellow Ham operators that think its ok to use their equipment on band not alloted to them and they are the persons who I made mention about. If what you are saying is all you worry about, maybe we should all get a general license and then go to any freqency and exploit our grace for all to here and not give our call sign as we should when using Ham equipment. Just use a "handle" and leave the power set wherever is to your content. Because it is "Ham Gear" and has more than alloted for the 11 meter band. Now did that make things clearer???

I run a Galaxy 949 mobile on 11 meter. This is an 11 meter only radio. Guys like this poster assume I am running a ham radio on 11 meter because it sounds so good. They do not know how to set their radios up to sound like this so they cry about ham operators running ham gear. I hear a couple of these guys whining every time I fire my radio up on 11 meter.  I have my other radios for the other bands and I only use them there. I run studio gear on every radio including my 11 meter radio. If you want to sound good, learn how to set your radio up. I do not care if you have been doing this for 50 years, if you think that you need ham gear to sound good on 11 meter, you need to get some fancy book learnin. As for switching bands....multiple radio are easy to run and switching between them is also pretty easy. Make sure the people you are crying about are actually switching channels without switching radios.
AC2EU

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2012, 01:20:59 PM »

To get back to the original poster who asked "how we would like it" if went on the Ham bands.
Well, we wouldn't like it. If you want to be on the Ham bands get a ticket with those privileges!
In fact we have folks in the community who do "foxhunting" with direction finders.
We will find you if you make a nuisance of yourself.

People with no licenses of any kind have been running ridiculous illegal power on the chicken band for years.  It seems to be generally condoned since the CB community continues to talk to the guy with an s9 +20 signal who is 1500 miles away.
Yet you are upset because you believe that there hams with no call signs invading your band with 100 watts! I don't get it!

Clean up your band, no need to pollute ours more than it is! There's already too many ex-chicken banders on 80!!!! Sometimes I have to look at the frequency readout  to make sure i didn't accidentally get on 11 meters.
It is what it is, but at least they have call signs.

So good buddy, get yer general ticket and join the fun on 80. 10-4?

KCJ9091

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »

After more than 5 years is the op still around?
AC2EU

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »

After more than 5 years is the op still around?

He probably has his General and DID get on 80 by now!
Moot point then, eh?   Grin

MAGNUM257

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 01:26:19 PM »

Hi
What makes you think that are licensed hams?
Why would they want to be on the 11 meter band?
Makes no sense...
JohnB

I know several HAMS local to me that use their HAM equipment on 11m, and they ARE HAMS, I don't have to think they are HAMS, I KNOW THEY ARE HAMS. And a few of them have slipped on occasion, blurting out their HAM callsigns by accident. Why they talk on 11m? I don't know the answer to that one. It doesn't have to make sense. And it has been happening for a long time, not just recently.

-chuck
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2012, 11:16:13 PM »

Hi
What makes you think that are licensed hams?
Why would they want to be on the 11 meter band?
Makes no sense...
JohnB

I know several HAMS local to me that use their HAM equipment on 11m, and they ARE HAMS, I don't have to think they are HAMS, I KNOW THEY ARE HAMS. And a few of them have slipped on occasion, blurting out their HAM callsigns by accident. Why they talk on 11m? I don't know the answer to that one. It doesn't have to make sense. And it has been happening for a long time, not just recently.

-chuck
  11 Meters is just another frequency.  It was once a ham band until the FCC took it away from hams to start Citizens Band.  No reason that hams (or anyone else) could not still use it for local communications.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: