Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High end paddles  (Read 829 times)
W9OY

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 08:19:01 AM »

I have N2DAN, Graciella, Simplex, Brown Brothers, Kent, Taylor, Vibroplex.  I had Bencher and couldn't stand that paddle.  In my opinion its a stupid design.  The best paddle I've ever used are these

http://www.n3znkeys.com/modelznSL1.html

In the end is a very personal thing which paddle suits you best

VE3GNU

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 12:33:51 PM »

Thanks to all who responded to my query re: the Vibroplex Square Racer; especially to Scott whose explanation of the required 'touch' makes 'total sense'.
Having only used a 'spring-loaded' Bencher By-1, it's really difficult for me to visualize the feel of a magnetic paddle, but then again---perhaps it's all a matter of practice and/or adaptability---
Also, it would be informative to see more Eham reviews of this paddle, to supplement the already positive average score (4.8/10).
73---Ernie
AK2B

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 11:06:38 AM »

I ordered a Begali Signature a few years back and received a Simplex instead. When I notified Begali of the mistake they sent me the Signature and told me to keep the Simplex and apologized for their mistake. I also have Palm Paddles and a BY-1 – both of these have a similar feel and are good paddles. The Begali Signature, in my opinion, is in a whole different ball park. The difference is ‘feel’ and there isn’t any way I can describe that. I can tell you that I could live with any of my other paddles if I had to but now I don’t want to. It took very little time to adjust to the Signature and now that I have I would hate to give them up. They have a good solid feel to them and are just fun to use. The Simplex is also good but no where near the Signature – closer to the others.
Begalis are very expensive these days and hard to justify other than they probably won’t lose their value any time soon. I would say to find someone who has some and try them out. Paddles are very subjective and opinions about them are almost useless unless it’s a matter of good vs poor quality.

Tom, ak2b
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: