Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Users Danish Amplidan 50713 Straigth Key  (Read 3051 times)
PS7HD

Ignore
« on: December 19, 2012, 07:41:35 AM »

My Amplidan 50713 arrived, I'm usually using Iin the station but still do not feel very comfortable with his knob somewhat exotic, like know the opinion of other owners of this magnificent key, TKS 73.
Nat PS7HD
# 8094T
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »

Experiment with other knobs.  I don't think I could get really happy with that one but there's no law, AFAIK, that says you MUST use it.  I've had good luck with a regular J-38 style knob and a poker chip.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
PS7HD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »

TNX Dr Pat,
I am wondering if it is a matter of personal adaptation to equipameno or not, thank you for your attention, I'll do some tests with other knobs, a good opportunity will be the club's birthday next month, let's see, best 73, (sorry, translater)
Nat PS7HD
SKCC # 8094T
N4EES

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 06:33:28 PM »

I have learned to adapt....When I use my Amplidan, I have have found that I can send comfortably with my thumb against the left side of the knob, and resting on the round disc....my index finger and middle finger pressing down on top of the knob...my ring finger resting on the right side of the disc...and my pinky finger hanging off to the side.  Of course, I am right handed.  If you are left handed, the opposite applies.  73,

Jim Garrison
N4EES
SKCC#1434T
9V1VV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 01:12:44 AM »

Hi Nat,

I used one a few years ago. (It's on my shelf now replaced by a bug.) It's a great key but I also found the small knob unmanageable and replaced it with a larger one.

I got my Amplidan key from an old ship on its way  to the breakers in Bangladesh. I got the entire dual Sailor  MF/HF 1000 CW/SSB station for $400 ! The radio station was complete but had not been used for several years. A GMDSS station had been installed on the bridge.

Everything worked !

John

PS7HD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 07:49:19 AM »

Ok, I'm glad John, for your acquisition station, TKS Jim for sharing your technique, I use a variation of uses way to send only keep the index on the knob getting the thumb and middle of the disc, the others are free, today, for the SKCC SKS event I could operate continuously for 2 hours, at the end I felt some discomfort, especially on the middle finger, because the space is small and the fingertip is pressing the edge of the disc that is fine .. well, I'll try a variation technique and will not work , I make a disk a little bigger, I do not want to replace the knob  Sad... but... I have several other keys but I enjoy using very straight keys (SK) Cheesy, TNX HPE CUAGN - BEST 73.
Nat PS7HD
SKCC#8094T
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: