Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YAESU FT-757GXII LSB/USB help  (Read 2857 times)
YONU

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 08:09:21 PM »

Nope not trying to listen on cw I did try it just to see it it would work but I know that won't work
YONU

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 05:59:59 PM »

hey all I have it working it was the POT for the shift knob  I do have a curiosity question when I have the mic keyed the Freq will start going up as if turning the knob I have checked the mic controls for shorts but I have yet to find anything any ideas.

Thanks,
Reg
KK4NJC
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 10:19:52 PM »

Which mic do you use? It is most likely the contacts for the UP function are closed. This would be pins 1 and 2 of the plug if it is the MH-1. Check it with an Ohm-meter.
YONU

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 10:25:48 PM »

I have the mic with the up down controls and I suspected this so I detached them inside the mic and insulated each wire however it still happens but now that I think of it not ans frequently I will check the mic connector end for a short (sometimes it takes thinking about what you have done to figure it out LOL)

Thanks,
Reg
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 11:40:56 PM »

If you pull the plug it should not occur. Else it is inside the rig. What according to Mr. Murphy also could happen is damaged insulation between wires by some abnormal kink of the cable.
Having a problem I use to sleep one night over it. In the morning it is either gone or I have an ides how to solve it.
YONU

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 12:24:45 AM »

You are right actually I thought about it and when the mic is unhooked and I use the mix switch it doesn't do it that was what made me initially try unlookibg the buttons
YONU

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 08:29:43 PM »

well I sort of sorted it out and solved the problem I opened up the mic connector on the cable and removed the wirs for the mic controls works great now and since I currently don't use the scan controls I don't even notice anything is gone

Thanks,
Reg
KK4NJC
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: