Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Planning meets Chance.  (Read 719 times)
N4CR

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2013, 02:23:53 PM »

Last night, after reading how easily you can fine tune the spotting filters in CC User, I spent a bit of time installing it and setting it up so it would only relay spots from spotters in the NA zones, opened it up for relaying and allowed HRD to disconnect from it's external spotting network to the output from the filtered CC User. One of the things I chose was to limit spots to LoTW users. Now any spot I see is someone proven to be registered with LoTW. That in itself is a good reason to do this for me.

This afternoon, I sat down at the radio and took a look at the spots coming through. Hmmm, someone spotted Papua New Guinea with 2 red X's meaning I don't have the country or the band confirmed. I thought what the heck and clicked it. The radio tuned to the frequency and I hear the guy say his call and qrz. Heard a pileup. Ok, I'll give it a go even though it's half way around the planet.

Flipped on the amp, turned on the mic preamp. On his next qrz, I got him on the first call through the pileup with a R-8 vertical and 500 watts.

There was a bit of planning there, but I'd call it a heapin' helpin' of good luck at the same time considering our band conditions lately.

P29FR for an ATNO today.  Grin Now, some day LoTW will chew through his submissions and I'll get confirmed!

How cool is that?

73 de N4CR, Phil

Never believe an atom. They make up everything.
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »

Good catch, but P29FR doesn't use LoTW.  Huh
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:51:16 PM »

Good catch, but P29FR doesn't use LoTW.  Huh

Oh, now I'm bummed. I wonder what happened to that filter...

Now I gotta go dig around. Thanks.

(stops the happy dance...)

73 de N4CR, Phil

Never believe an atom. They make up everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: