Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible to run Fabian's "QRQ" (Like RufzXP) program on an android device?  (Read 2172 times)
N0BLT

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2013, 11:14:13 PM »

Possible to run RufzXP or Fabian's QRQ program on an android device?  

I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!  

QRQ is like RufzXP, the high speed callsign generating learning tool

Is it possible to run Fabian's QRQ program on an android device?
Like a Nexus tablet or smartphone.   Or perhaps the Iphone?

It runs on my computer in what looks like an old DOS window.

QRQ was written by Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK, a German engineer.  He runs the popular LCWO code learning web site.

QRQ is not mainly used for learning code but to increase your "receive" speed of callsigns and common words.
Used in a particular way, I think it's the ultimate tool, in learning to HEAD COPY, even if you have not yet learned the complete Morse character set!!!

I use QRQ for learning code by making my custom files, full of words comprised of my currently learned characters.  This program spits out each word (from your file) randomly, then waits.  You can hit F7  for unlimited repeats, then you are to supposed to enter the word , for later scoring.  I DON'T enter the word, I merely listen, for recognition, then move on.  I immediately hit enter if I know the word, or F7 (repeat), till I figure it out, THEN hit enter.  That enter stroke immediately spits out the next random word from my list.  I'm not really interested in scoring or typing.
I just enjoy the fast pace of 20wpm words spit at me, for recognition's sake.

So if there are those of you "in the know", could you scribble a note?

Thanks Brian

Fabians sites...
http://fkurz.net/ham/qrq.html
http://qrqcwnet.ning.com/forum/topics/dj1yfk-fabian-s-famous-high-speed-cw-training-program-called-qrq-
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:19:10 AM by N0BLT » Logged
N0BLT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 11:46:48 PM »

Found his email, and will report back if any interested in QRQ practice on the go.  Fabian is not too active here on eHam, but wouldn't you know he posted here just yesterday in this CW forum. Oh, missed him by a day.

Anyway THANK YOU FABIAN!!!  for such a cool program!  I'd LOVE it portable on Android.  With some kind of external key that would either hit the "F7" or "enter" key.

You all should try this program! Just rename any of the wordz.qcb files to a wordz.txt file to open it with notepad, to see how the word file is constructed.  Then make your own file of custom words, and rename it to *.qcb instead of *.txt, and you'll be in biz.

Such fun...  It's ALL about HEAD COPY!!!
Brian
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:07:27 AM by N0BLT » Logged
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 05:54:40 AM »

Yes bunches of enthusiasm are emitted,

BUT

When you want something, think about how you can do that yourself.

In your case: Buy a book "Programming Android for Dummies in 24 hours". Don't put it on the bookshelf but work through it in a month, full time hard work especially when the title contains  "in 24 hours". I know that by experience from other cases. So stop reading when you think that hence I must be an super giga dummy to the exponent googol.

Normally you (should be a shame for me) BUY what you want, borrow the money when you don't have it, increase your mortgage loan sky high, and let sell the bank the debt  all over the world except the USA. No problem for the bank as long they can get rid of them all over the world. At the time your mortgage is 100 times the value of your home, you move, give the bank the keys of your home, say: "Zoek het maar lekker fijn uit ik ben pleite"  add that it was urban Dutch when they look embarrassed, buy a new home for the price of a new home and start all over again. With an new toy.

I tell you, that a bunch of guys are asking me: PAoBLAH you are such a clever home builder can you make this and that for me?
Because I am mad/crazy and not captured yet in an asylum, I made what they want, because when I was 11 years old, and hence adaptive for indoctrination, I read about "ham spirit" written by W1AW. But they are not interested at all and refuse to respond on the slightest request for own labor.

That is because they are educated with instantaneous need gratification.

When I buy a new car I use that  knowledge that salesmen know by experience.

First I go to all dealers in the county and ask for their lowest price. Then I go to the lowest one and say: Hey,  here I am I want to buy a specified car right now, I sign right now the contract but for a price 1000 bucks lower. How about that?

O no, thats to low, I offer you 500 extra discount, that is my absolute limit, I really can't survive when I give you a 1000 discount. Want some coffee?

O yes, I understand that, life is hard, especially for me is my impression. I will think about it, because I came here and promissed myself not to sign for less then 1000 discount. So I understand your problems, and I agree, but because I promissed myself not to sign immediately for less but to think about it first, I come back probably next week, may  be, perhaps, I think so right now.

And then believe it or not I sign for a 1000 discount. Never go for service to that guy because he will collect his discount back.

Seen this all, experience of a long long life, recognise that those guys know that you have to catch a customer when he is hot of possession desires. Tomorrow his high desires are evaporated.

So it happens that I build 8 quality products asked for by hams person to person, but not interested afterwards.

The point with a hobby is that you do it because you like it. However we are no animals (at least I am not , you have to decide for yourself) So when you decide : Fun, I want this I want that, realize that it is instantaneous desire. When you really do what you plan there will be a period of suffering to achieve your goal.

So with a hobby you can reach goals, which is very awarding I can assure you, or just always do what you look for pleasure and then you don't get the rewarding but then you live like the housecat with only care is to divide the back yard of the neighbor with the cat of 2 houses away. The last type of ham is recognizable at the size of the cabinet containing the "Unvollendetes", that are the partially completed projects. Unless of course he is an appliance operator and brews nothing at all.

Conclusion: Programs for free: take them or leave them.
Custom design and modifications: Forget about that see it as an incentive to learn programming yourself.

DJ1YFK programs are open source, so you can adapt them to your desires.

Gd luck, Bob  PAoBLAH
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:03:10 AM by PA0BLAH » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: