Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emergency communications - block diagrams/graphics that I can use?  (Read 2188 times)
HS0ZIB

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2013, 01:24:41 AM »

As part of my (long-term) efforts to reactivate amateur radio in Myanmar (Burma), I am preparing a presentation for the Ministry of Communications about how amateur radio can provide a vital communications link at times of major disaster, such as earthquake, tsunami or cyclone, (all of which this country experiences).

I want to put together some block diagrams of typical scenarios where amateur radio can play an important role, such as 'last mile' communications, local area emergency repeater system, or regional HF data communications. 

I'm quite good with graphic packages such as Photoshop and Powerpoint, but I don't want to 're-invent the wheel' if some nice diagrams or presentations already exist in the public domain that depict these types of emergency scenario and use of amateur radio.

If anyone knows of resources of this type that I can use, I would be very grateful

Thanks

Simon
WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 02:25:11 PM »

Hi Simon,

IARU Region 3 may have information you can use that is specific to the local area.

Their web page for disaster communications is here:

http://www.iaru-r3.org/dcom/r3dcom.htm

You might browse around the site and see if you can find direct contacts - the site
hasn't always been kept up to date.  There should be a lot of information about
the earthquake in Japan and the tsunami in Indonesia that you can use, and they
also would know the local organizations and conditions.

The IARU R3 newsletters are here:  http://www.iaru-r3.org/news/r3n.htm#newsletter
and they appear to contain a number of examples of disaster communications.

My recommendation would be to find who is the R3 Disaster Coordinator (or whatever
title they have) and contact them directly for further information.

(And the other IARU Regions have similar sites if you don't find what you need.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: