Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Favorite morse code keys !  (Read 19648 times)
PA1ZP

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2013, 10:13:44 AM »

Hi All

My favourite key is my straight key wich I inhareted from SK PZ1AP.
But I only use them very rarely.
But this very warn out cheap straight and old unknown manufactorer key is always in line of sight in the shack, just to remember my dear friend Arnold

My favourite key in use are my homebrew Iambic paddles.
And I never use them Iambic always operate them in the single lever way.
Second is my Vibroplex 100th ann.
Third is my Hungarian single lever key.
It is build very good and finished even better with perfect aligned contacts etc.

I think this single lever key may soon replace my homebrew paddles as my first key in use.
But still the Vibroplex is always in parallel with the El-bug and I can switch from one to another without touching one button.
K7RNO

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2013, 07:25:32 PM »

Actually, I don't even have a key right now, but one is in the mail.
I also only know one key, but I know that one well—I used it exclusively and intensively during my four years with the German Navy, back in the late '60s/early '70s.

So, is anybody surprised that I want that same key again? It is the Junker MT in Navy gray. Don't listen to me, because, as I said, I don't know any others. But do listen to hams that have compared and know. And then, if you want one too, check out ebay.de and look for the Junker Morsetaste. That's where I found mine. Just make sure the seller will ship to your location (many won't care to ship outside of Germany).

aRNO
NAQCC #6870, SKCC #11131
KF7DS

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2013, 09:45:59 PM »

Vizbug...makes it effortless...makes my vibroplex feel clunky at best

Don KF7DS
K7RNO

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2013, 08:45:16 PM »

So now that I received my Junker Morsetaste, I can add that this thing is so über engineered that each click of the gap adjusting thumb wheel in-/decreases the gap by precisely 0.01mm.

'nuff said.

aRNO
NAQCC #6870, SKCC #11131
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 08:29:54 AM »

It is the Junker MT in Navy gray.

That's very interesting. My favorite recently-acquired straight key is the "Chinese PLA/D117-K4" key which seems to have many things in common with the Junker MT. (aka "D.G.B.M."?) Will have to try out a Junker MT now, I suspect I will like it too!

I am impressed you got the umlaut over the u in uber :-)

Tim.
K7RNO

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 10:55:16 AM »

QE,
Yes, the Junker MT (Morsetaste) can be the DBGM (Deutsches Bundes Gebrauchsmuster) version, which just indicates it is the post-war model and a protected design, similar to a patent. The older pre-war version showed DRP (Deutsches Reichspatent).

About the Ü Umlaut—I am a professional translator into German, so I better know how to get that :-)

PS: Once you have a Junker MT side-by-side to your PLA/D117-K4, you may want to revise your comparison Wink
But then, most straight keys have many things in common :-D

aRNO
NAQCC #6870, SKCC #11131
F5FRM

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 01:38:04 PM »

My 1934's Original Vibroplex. I am very proud of it !

It is my favorite because it sounds personnal and because I needed time to be enough confortable with it. And it is a historic key. You recognize a bugkey on the air, and when it is very readable, it's even better ! We can just be proud of using it.
W4TRJ

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 01:32:28 PM »

Vizkey Camelback. Why? Made by a live man you can call on the phone, and well made at that. Gorgeous. Heavy, sits well on desk, doesn't move. Great action. Fine adjusting screws that will hold where you set them. A lifetime instrument.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: