Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elecraft - Top Notch!  (Read 2845 times)
W3QT

Ignore
« on: December 02, 2013, 10:42:54 AM »

I recently ordered a piece of equipment from Elecraft.  This having been my first transaction with them, I had a question concerning tracking, so I dropped them an email.  I figured I would have an answer in a day or two, hopefully before the package arrived.  To my surprise and delight, within half an hour of sending my email I received TWO return emails from Elecraft sales, answering my question, giving me an update on the shipping, and inviting me to get in touch again if I had any more questions.  Unlike my impressions of Palstar, which I documented in a previous post, Elecraft is top notch and deserving of ham support.  Should I need any other gear in the future they will be my first stop.  I usually don't write these kinds of reviews unless I am really impressed (or depressed) by the transaction.  Elecraft is quite impressive which is something I cannot say about the other company.  Thanks Elecraft, and keep up the tremendous work! 
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 03:22:06 PM »

I agree, every time I have dealt with Elecraft shipping or service it has been excellent. The response is so fast and you never have to send a second email and ask whats going on. Just brilliant. So many other companies could learn a lot from Elecrafts excellent customer service model.

You contrast their service with  those from the big Japanese companies, your conclusion would be that the Japanese companies service seems to want to insult more than service their customers. Which is ironic considering the kind of  customer service you get in Japan which seems to be a cultural norm. The most annoying aspect of dealing with Japanese companies in the west  is the principle of treating you like they growing mushrooms. That is the principle of  keeping you in the dark and feeding you BS about all their product failings and design errors. You wont get this crap from Elecraft who take responsibility for what they design and sell.

Elecraft is one of the best ham companies around because of the great customer service on all aspects of dealing with them.
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 04:27:36 PM »

When I ordered my KX3 I received an email from Mr. Burdick thanking me for my business shortly after the order was processed, and he also answered a technical question I had about the unit within an hour.  This kind of service can not be purchased for love or money from most companies, whatever business they are in.  They have raised the bar both technically and in the customer care department.

They have a customer for life now.
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 06:14:40 AM »

Very nice stuff! The radios are out of my price range, with me being retired. But the test equipment, RF sig Gen, XG3, is so nice to have to test RX sensitivity and setup of the Flex radio software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: