Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Central Ohio CW Ops needed for ARRL 160M CW Contest.  (Read 1448 times)
W3HKK

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:21:03 PM »

COOKEN ARC  has made nearly 6000 QSOs this year at mostly contest operations from a variety of locations.  Back in Jan and Feb we  made 1200 qsos as WW8OH with 100w to a 40 ft inverted L, at a barn in rural Licking County as our first ever entry in the CQWW  160M contests.  It was a blast.
I have found that multi-op  contesting is a lot more fun than single op 48 hour grinds.

For our first entry in the ARRL 160m Contest (CW only) on Nov 30-Dec 2  we intend to  set up a 400w station, feeding a 70 ft high horizontal loop, near Lancaster OH as a multi-op, single station entry, using the same call sign and 4 operaters.  More operators would enable fuller coverage of the two day contest.

If you  live in the Lancaster/Newark/Columbus, OH area, are available, can copy 20 wpm or more,  and are interested in  operating at least a couple of 2 hr shifts with our group in this contest,  please contact me at W3HKK@arrl.net.   Thanks.
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:59:31 AM »

The 2013 CQWW 160 CW Contest ( last weekend in Jan 2013)  is upon us.

More CW ops are again needed, this year, this time to help defend our  Ohio Section  1st Place award from 2012.

The 2013 station will be operating from Lancaster, OH, using a 160m horizontal loop at 70 ft, and 100w.  Bugs, keyers, keyboards all will be accomodated.  So if you can do 20 wpm or more, and live close enough to partake,  drop me an email at w3hkk@arrl.net for directions.
Remember, this is  a night time contest requiring two all-nighters.  So the more ops we have, the more sleep we get!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: