Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juma TX1 transmitter and Juma RX1 receiver  (Read 2655 times)
KH2BR

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2013, 03:40:35 PM »

I was looking for a seperate receiver and qrp transmitter.  I wanted to use the transmitter in combination with my Icom IC-R71A receiver. I ordered the Juma TX-1 The price was right. It had a DDS vfo and did my favorite band, 40 meters plus 80 meters.
Building the kit was a joy. It was simple and modern design using all surface mounted parts. I used a magnifying visor, fine point soldering iron, a flux pen, and .5mm solder. The layout is is a beautiful work of art and works very well with a output of 5 watts.
I also like the VFO because it can be used as a signal source on my work bench. I have made many contacts with it and the cw note is crisp, and clean. I dont think there are any transmitter kits out there that come close to this one. If there are, I would like to know, but it would have to be all surface mount. I added a simple circuit so I could mute the receiver while transmitting. I wanted to get the matching receiver and the build was the same, just very pleasing and it worked well with the transmitter even though it was a very simple design, it worked. There are no coils to wind which makes the final build look just great. I got the kits from http://www.nikkemedia.fi/juma/
I plan to build the other kits that they have also.. If anyone decides to build these and need help, just email me.
I know a lot of hams complain about surface mounted parts, but if you dont give it a try, you just will never know what you are missing. This sure is a great hobby. I hope they keep making more enjoyable kits to build.
Robert KH2BR/w6

KO4NX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 09:08:13 AM »

I have been following this company for the last year or so. What I am waiting for is the release of the PA1000. Looking at the message board, it's been quite on this front, but I am hoping the release is soon!

Rich, AJ3G
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: