Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Autek Research MK-1 Message Memory CMOS Keyer  (Read 2739 times)
N5TEN

Ignore
« on: November 25, 2012, 05:24:44 PM »

I found one of these in an antiques shop and grabbed it. Anyone here happen to have a copy of the manual? This keyer was made in 1976 or so. I thought I could get the original owner's call sign from the memory, but it's just really bad random code recorded in there. This would be a cool keyer to use with older equipment.

Thanks
K0CBA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 10:04:06 PM »

I had one but sold it this summer so I can't help with a copy of the instructions but I did use it from time to time and I can tell you that the memory is volatile; lose power and the memory is cleared.

I am not 100% sure but pretty sure the same thing happens when it is switched off.

BTW, the memory is really limited,  maybe one CQ/ID sequence and that's it.

Sorry, but it's a pretty clunky keyer.

Bob
K6TOP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 07:04:51 PM »

I just sent a copy of the manual to your email address.

The Autek MK1 is a classic piece of 70's gear. Good looking, too, IMHO.

It can do 4 short messages, each about 16-20 characters. Two of the messages can be combined program a longer message. Mine had the memory expansion kit, so 16 messages could be programmed. I just sold it, as I didn't use it any longer.

Kevin
WE7X

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 10:49:50 PM »

Tom,
   I was just doing a search for information on the old Autek MK-1 keyer, and found your recent note about the manual.
  Any chance I could get a copy of that manual also?
  I've played with it a a bit, and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, or maybe the keyer is faulty.
  Also, this one has a rotary knob for the speed function (an obvious modification) and I woudl like to see if that has any bearing on the operational difficulty I have.
  Thanks,
  Rod J
  Issaquah, WA
 WE7X@aol.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: