Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any market for R390A/URR?  (Read 7725 times)
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 11:53:45 AM »

soo  N3DT what converter are you interested in? AC5UP gave a link for a DRM converter, which will still need the "Sound Forge" software (FREE). 
IW5CI has a youtube showing different converters. He demos an IF converter that gives you a  software defined radio (SDR) and he shows how that same converter can receive DRM but the software for DRM is still needed to decode the interference-free, static-free audio. All of the artifacts of shortwave listening, the fading, the distortion, etc is gone. Sounds like FM radio!!!
The latest software from Flex radio  (FREE) has the filter for DRM but you still need the DRM software to decode the white noise that you will hear on the air, if tuning and listening with headphones.
The output of either the SDR (SoftRock) board or DRM module go to the sound-card input of your computer and then the magic starts ( and frustration starts) using the software to decode these signals.
info and history of SDR
http://wb5rvz.com/sdr/

I'm still wrestling with the DRM decoder software for my Flex Radio (SDR1000) and the FlexRadio software.

Fred
N3DT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »

Well, I guess I'll just have to make a converter.  Maybe I can find a xtal that will convert 455 down to somewhere in my SB card.  I did download Dream and fed some audio into the SB card, but I couldn't figure out how to shut off the input monitor, so I was getting the input and output monitoring at the same time, kinda confusing to say the least.  I've got some old MCL mixers that would probably work and might be easier than finding all the components to make a converter, actually I could just feed my Service Monitor into the MCL and feed the mixed output into the SB.  Hmmm.  Yeah, I'd like to hear that DRM.  I'll have to check out the Sound Forge too.

I've got the sensitivity of the R390A down to less than 1uV on most bands now.  I just need to get the AGC working better and I found a bad T202 which affects 1-3MHz, but I think I've got it working again.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: