Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dose it matter were I take my test?  (Read 3006 times)
PATRICKKOMAR

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2013, 01:43:38 AM »

My job keeps me traveling quit a bit and being in my home town on the day of a scheduled test day could be really hit or miss for me, witch leads me to this question. (Right now I'm studding for my tech license in Astrakhan, Russia!) Can I take my test any wear in the USA as long as I use my home address in UT?
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:14:05 AM »

My job keeps me traveling quit a bit and being in my home town on the day of a scheduled test day could be really hit or miss for me, witch leads me to this question. (Right now I'm studding for my tech license in Astrakhan, Russia!) Can I take my test any wear in the USA as long as I use my home address in UT?

Yes, you can take the exam anywhere in the USA (and a few places outside the USA, too).  Your new call sign's district number will be based on the mailing address that you enter on the NC605 form, not on the test site location.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:32:32 PM »

Yes, you can appear at any test session, anywhere in the area you happen to be in.  Makes no difference since no matter where you test, if you pass, you pass.
PATRICKKOMAR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 07:43:12 AM »

Thanks! It just so happen to that the stars aligned and I was home for my test and passed handily!  Grin Grin Grin I was asked to take a  general exam wile I was at it but came up way short with only 17 answers being correct, but I take that a a good sign as I didn't do any studying for it short of reading ham radio for dummies and studying my tech material.
W7HBP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 12:59:43 PM »

Yes, check the ARRL website, find a local test near you. When I took my extra, there was a guy from Utah taking his general test in Washington. He was in the area doing repairs on a home he owned and was renting out. He did pass his general and went to take the extra and also passed it too.  Wink

ARRL Life Member|QRZ Life Member
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: