Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC Enforcement  (Read 10203 times)
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »

Been a ham for 50 years.  Heard the same complaints for 50 years.

You mean the foul language or the 75/80 meter corrections?  Grin

I was floored to have heard the language. just spinning throught he band looking for QSO's and tuned in on this to be horrified. I dont have virgin ears, I guess I was just shocked to have heard it on the "ham band" is all.

This is one of the reasons I don't waste the time and effort to get up an antenna for 80M.

I don't have the space for an antenna for 80m. My main antenna is a G5RV Jr which only goes down to 40. It's 51' long, if I wanted an antenna for 80m it would be 102' long (laws of physics), and I don't have the room. I was wondering if I was missing anything by not having 80m capability, it would seem that I'm not. My main rig is a TS130 which doesn't have 75m capability, so I figured that an extra long antenna for a single band wasn't worth it.
W7HBP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 07:18:56 PM »

I don't have the space for an antenna for 80m. My main antenna is a G5RV Jr which only goes down to 40. It's 51' long, if I wanted an antenna for 80m it would be 102' long (laws of physics), and I don't have the room. I was wondering if I was missing anything by not having 80m capability, it would seem that I'm not. My main rig is a TS130 which doesn't have 75m capability, so I figured that an extra long antenna for a single band wasn't worth it.

80 meters is great. I like it. I just found one frequency that repulses me. The band is big, enough room. Hey, you do have room for a 80 meter antenna.

Good excuse to get a new radio now. Grin

Get the G5RV "LITE", its only 67 feet long and works on 10, 15, 20, 40 and 80 meters. I own one. Still in the pkg though.

Here:
http://www.gigaparts.com/store.php?action=profile&sku=ZRW-G5RV-LITE

No excuse now. Cheesy

See ya on 80 meters.  Grin
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »

80 meters is great. I like it. I just found one frequency that repulses me. The band is big, enough room. Hey, you do have room for a 80 meter antenna.

Good excuse to get a new radio now. Grin

Get the G5RV "LITE", its only 67 feet long and works on 10, 15, 20, 40 and 80 meters. I own one. Still in the pkg though.

Here:
http://www.gigaparts.com/store.php?action=profile&sku=ZRW-G5RV-LITE

No excuse now. Cheesy

See ya on 80 meters.  Grin

Discontinued? That's what that page says. Oh well.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: