Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: where to buy a new or used Chameleon V2 Antenna?  (Read 1855 times)
AE5KH

Ignore
« on: January 28, 2013, 07:22:27 PM »

where to buy a new or used Chameleon V2 Antenna??? Angry

Want it because it is only about 4'2" tall  .
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 03:39:24 PM »

You get exactly what you pay for. The Chameleon V2 is virtually a dummy load on a stick. Yes, you can make contacts, but only with the strongest of stations.

AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 09:15:10 AM »

If you're really limited in space, you might be better off with a short (36") mast and Hustler resonators, one for each band, pre-tuned for your favorite spot.  I'm guessing that would be more efficient than this multi-band antenna.   I'm using Hustler resonators (on quick disconnects" with a 54" mast and whips with capacity hats, and this works pretty well for me, for 20m and up.  YMMV.  :-)
AE5KH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 08:53:21 PM »

K0BG,
     What do you think about the Little Tarheel II. It is only a little bit bigger? The main problem I have with this type is I have never delt with them before. Don't know much about them, mounting, grounding tuning???
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:34:20 AM »

mounting, grounding tuning???

The best information I've seen about mounting, grounding, and tuning is on www.k0bg.com -- it's a one-stop reference for mobile HF!  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: