The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Leixen" brand Chinese mobile VHF/UHF rig. Any good?  (Read 8727 times)
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2015, 08:12:46 AM »

Drama... How did we get up to $600? I posted 2 models that are not even close to that amount. .... News-- removable face plate is standard fare on dual band transceivers. .... Why not post this $600 radio, instead of taking stabs in the dark.

http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-012910

Regular price $679. Kenwood also sells a HT for $449. Actually, it looks as if most companies are getting out of dual band radios. I think that the big thing right now is tri band and quad band. Since in some areas 70cm is used by the military, who are primary assignees of that band, hams have had to go to 220 Mhz and other bands.

Your attention seems to wander, you went from a Leixen dual band 10 watt mobile, to the Kenwood with the most features "2M/440 TRANSCEIVER APRS/TNC GPS/ECHOLINK READY WITH BUILT IN GPS".

I already posted a Kenwood, and Yaesu, analog dual band FM in this very thread. Now you want GPS?

Instead of complaining about the offerings out there, place an order for the Leixen or TYT and be done with it.
K4GPS

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »

The number of components does not surprise me, these are basically SDR radios, just like the $9 dongle you can buy for your PC to make it a 28-2000Mhz scanner. I bought one of these Leixen myself just to try it out. It's got V/U, FM Band and can receive NOAA. I mounted mine in my Polaris UTV to use more of a utility radio, listen to the FM band while out, NOAA for weather and my wife is a ham so to stay in touch while on our 30 acres. Let's see if it holds up, I am not in an urban area to the front end does not worry me.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: