Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E3 - Eritrea  (Read 958 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2013, 06:49:50 AM »

When was the last activation from Eritrea?  There was an Army Security Agency unit there in
Kagnew until 1972. Pretty sure there were hams there as well.

73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:56:31 AM by AF3Y » Logged
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 06:53:22 AM »

Not anytime soon, it may be awhile before any activity there.......

http://dx-world.net/2013/eritrea-not-anytime-soon/

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 07:01:56 AM »

http://dxccsleuth.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/e3-eritrea/
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 01:11:45 PM »

At the most recent Mile High DX club meeting I met Barry K0XE.  He had a small pile of QSL cards with him and he was getting the cards checked off by an ARRL card checker.  I glanced over the cards and I saw E30TA.  I asked him if I could take a picture of it so that I could share it with my friends.  He said no problem.  I also saw other goodies such as EZ3A, EZ8CW, and 5A1A.  Needless to say all these entities are very difficult to work however they were relatively easy a decade ago.

Jonathan W6GX
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 03:54:22 PM »

At the most recent Mile High DX club meeting I met Barry K0XE.  He had a small pile of QSL cards with him and he was getting the cards checked off by an ARRL card checker.  I glanced over the cards and I saw E30TA.  I asked him if I could take a picture of it so that I could share it with my friends.  He said no problem.  I also saw other goodies such as EZ3A, EZ8CW, and 5A1A.  Needless to say all these entities are very difficult to work however they were relatively easy a decade ago.

In 2001, E30NA wasn't all that hard to work, and I think I got him with one or two calls, likely before the end of the DXpedition. I'm guessing it was probably no different than an E4 today. EZ was also on all the time and they were just as easy as the surrounding entities. 5A1A was before my time, but there was a big operation from there back in November 2006 (5A7A), and they were pretty easy from the east coast after the first 4 or 5 days. I even got 'em on 160 (my best catch ever on Topband). It's 80% about being there (with at least 500W and a modest antenna) when the rare ones are QRV.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: