Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW interfering with Earthquake Emergency traffic.  (Read 480 times)
KN1W

Ignore
« on: January 19, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqaKzIkyBug
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 01:58:57 PM »

That is not interference.  

Passband of the receiving radio might be what is really happening here.  

And -- the CW op very likely could not hear the SSB emergency traffic.  

Common thing actually.  

Also notice that the two emergency parties were able to continue full comm at all times. 

You should be careful about jumping to conclusions with such accusations.  

--And if you knew the code you'd know the callsign of who was sending, which I won't repeat here...

KN1W

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 04:05:54 PM »

This is an observation and not an accusation first of all. If it was an accusation I will be using the station's call sign, but this is not my nature or intention.

I consider this video good training for us CW ops and Hams in general, We need to be more careful during emergencies to not interfere with emergency traffic. These video is now going to be seen around the world.

The ARRL has requested for us hams to observe caution when around these frequencies. http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2010/01/14/11290/?nc=1

If you pay attention to the Cw transmission you can hear the station complaining about QRM, May be you can help us interpreting the code for those of us who don't know the code.

I am going to have a coffee Roll and shut up for now.
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 04:16:38 PM »

What frequency were they using?

---

It is possible that they did not realize what was going on at first, due to being in the skip zone of one of the stations on frequency.

73 de Jim, N2EY
KN1W

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 04:52:58 PM »

Hi there,

Looks like they were on 14.300 (Maritime Mobile Service Network) and moved to 14.313 which it does not make any sense at all.

The station that recorded the video and the station doing the phone patch are located both in Florida.

I have to add another observation here, Looks like 7:26 into the recording the  CW station was asked to QSY by another Cw station.

Looks like the system worked at end of the day. Hams helping Hams.

Tnx de KN1W
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: