Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TS-590S or TS-2000?  (Read 4795 times)
KE2TR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 02:40:42 PM »

Many ham's don't RTFM, they want plug n play and never really understand how to adjust the compressor or mic gain setting. With the 590 you have fee software for controlling almost everything about this rig plus when used with the software you have a user file for a 18 band EQ on both RX and TX, it takes all of a few adjustment and you can nail the TX audio just the way you like it. The RX is way above most radio's selling for even $3k and it barks right behind the famous K3's with an excellent RX. No it doesn't have a Icom boob tube display but make up for it with roofing filter's that do work and a DSP system that give the others some real competition. It's plain front panel turns some user's off but kenwood has had a real winner here. When I called up HRO to order a rig it was either the IC7410 or the Kenwood, the salesman there told me that the 590 was selling 10 to one out almost all the HF rigs they sell, he said there was nothing that came close unless your wanting to pay over $3k for a new rig. When I started to read all the lab reviews of the 590 by the ARRL,RSGB and seen the spec at Sherwood's site plus hearing so many fav reports from owners I sold my trusty FT1000MP loaded with filters and roofing filter as well and haven't looked back.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: