Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Even newer kid on the block!!!!  (Read 3179 times)
WD5GWY

Ignore
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:46:56 PM »

Here's an interesting device that some folks might just find interesting:

http://www.hamradioscience.com/per-vices-noctar-sdr-card-first-look/

There is a link to the Per Vices website on the review page and from there you can
read the full specs. While it is a transceiver, it's output is in the miliwatt range.
It sells for around $800 and for now, only works in Linux. But, they are trying to get
developers interested in writing drivers for it in Windows.
  james
WD5GWY
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:55:16 AM »

Interesting indeed, thanks for sharing.
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »

Worthless review.  It does not even show the card in operation.  Not worth looking at until they actually get it working...
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:50:34 PM »

Worthless review.  It does not even show the card in operation.  Not worth looking at until they actually get it working...
Did you miss the part where he said that a review of it actually operating is coming in another
video?
james
WD5GWY
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:55:16 PM »

Did you miss the part where he said that a review of it actually operating is coming in another
video?
james
WD5GWY

No, I read that. I think you have the reading comprehension problem.  I was commenting on the current review.  Not some promised review in the future.
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 03:41:20 PM »

No, I read that. I think you have the reading comprehension problem.  I was commenting on the current review.  Not some promised review in the future.
Ok, I was not trying to be rude to you. If you took it that way, I apologize. I had thought that you had missed the part where he said there would be a more in depth review with the card in use.
Maybe he is having to set up a Linux box to go further with the review since the only software that
currently supports the transceiver is GNURadio and that is a Linux based program.
  From reading some of the spec's on the manufacturer's website, it looks like a very interesting
device. And I thought I would share that bit of info here.
james
WD5GWY
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 06:07:42 PM »

Ok, I was not trying to be rude to you. If you took it that way, I apologize. I had thought that you had missed the part where he said there would be a more in depth review with the card in use.
Maybe he is having to set up a Linux box to go further with the review since the only software that
currently supports the transceiver is GNURadio and that is a Linux based program.
  From reading some of the spec's on the manufacturer's website, it looks like a very interesting
device. And I thought I would share that bit of info here.
james
WD5GWY

Oh, I did not take it as an insult to me.  I was just embarrassed for you that you felt the need to describe your OMs in diapers fetish here on eHam.  It was not appropriate. 
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:03:32 AM »

Oh, I did not take it as an insult to me.  I was just embarrassed for you that you felt the need to describe your OMs in diapers fetish here on eHam.  It was not appropriate. 

No need for you to feel embarrassed for me. It's apparent that you're not capable of a
decent discussion or accepting an apology from someone who thought they may have
offended you in some manner.
Have a nice day.
james
WD5GWY
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 04:58:56 AM »

Oh, I did not take it as an insult to me.  I was just embarrassed for you that you felt the need to describe your OMs in diapers fetish here on eHam.  It was not appropriate.  

No need for you to feel embarrassed for me. It's apparent that you're not capable of a
decent discussion or accepting an apology from someone who thought they may have
Have a nice day.
james
WD5GWY

You only apologized AFTER eHam removed your post where you said to me "don't get your panties in a bunch", so I do not accept your apology as sincere.    Up to that point, I had never insulted you personally or had called you any names.  You are the one who started that, James.  It seems to me that you are the one not capable of a decent discussion.  When I disagreed with something you said, you resorted to casting dispersions in my direction instead of arguing with me in a respectful and civilized manner.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:02:23 AM by KE5JPP » Logged
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 09:05:51 AM »

Oh, I did not take it as an insult to me.  I was just embarrassed for you that you felt the need to describe your OMs in diapers fetish here on eHam.  It was not appropriate.  

Have a nice day.
james
WD5GWY

You only apologized AFTER eHam removed your post where you said to me "don't get your panties in a bunch", so I do not accept your apology as sincere.    Up to that point, I had never insulted you personally or had called you any names.  You are the one who started that, James.  It seems to me that you are the one not capable of a decent discussion.  When I disagreed with something you said, you resorted to casting dispersions in my direction instead of arguing with me in a respectful and civilized manner.

Gene, I did not see that this thread, nor the post I made (and that you quoted) had been
removed for several hours ( I work 12-16 hr days in the oilfield). And that was after I had
written the administrator of the website asking about the removal of the thread. And then
I checked here and the thread was back, minus the post you are talking about.
I had told the administrator that since I had offended you in a public place, (this forum) that
I would apologize to you in that same public place. And I have been attempting to do so.
Whether or not you believe it, the apology is sincere. It was not my intention to offend you in the first place.
That particular remark you quoted is commonly used (at least it is among a lot of people I know)
and is meant in more of a teasing(for lack of a better description) manner than as an outright insult. I should have not used that, and for that, I, again, apologize.
  When I started this thread, I was really hoping that people with more knowledge of SDR than
myself, (which, I admit would not take much!  Cheesy ) would comment on the specifications given
for the device . It seems to me, to have some potential.
  When you more or less, completely dismissed it, for lack of a complete review, it kind of floored
me. That was why I asked if you had missed the statement where the author of that review
(Preview would have been a better description since it was not an in-depth review of the hardware and software working) stated he would be following up with a more detailed review, with the hardware working. I was not trying to be rude with that statement, I simply thought that you had
missed that part. From that point things went downhill. And I should have simply stopped at that
point. But, like a lot of people, sometimes, I keep talking even though, I know it is of no use.
  Once again, my apologies to you for anything I have said that you find insulting or offensive.
NO insult or offense was ever intended.
  james
WD5GWY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: