Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DRM and FLEX Radio  (Read 3155 times)
KC4MOP

Ignore
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:11:46 AM »

Hello I have been going in circles trying to get the FREE DRM radio software to decode digital short wave. Something about "building the file" for it to work. I'm not a builder or understand how to get deep into computers.
There is available a paid version for WINRADIO and I wonder if that would work with FLEX Power SDR?

I have a DRM button on my software, but that is a filter only. The software is still needed. I downloaded the "free DRM" and by using the virtual audio cables (VAC) I can see DRM indicating that it identifies a digital shortwave station, but also tells me there is "no audio codec". That is the mystery part of "building"  that I do not understand.
I do not mind paying, but if there is a computer guru who understands building computer files and building the AAC files for DRM radio,,,please let me know
TNX
FRED
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:53:55 PM »

Try the eHam SDR forum, or send an email to the Flex reflector over at flexradio.com
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:39:24 AM »

I am in heaven with almost hi-fi audio listening to New Zealand radio RZNI ( 9870) with the paid version of DRM Radio. $49 Euros. Bought online from WINRAD. I got the general version for SDR. They have specialized versions for the Winrad radio software.
They claim it does not work in WIN7, BUT it does in my WIN 7 home premium SP1
FlexRadio is only knowledgeable trying to get the free but cannot advise how to BUILD the free software so it works. Something about Visual Express and a decoder file that needs to be in the Dream folder.
UNbeleivable....a little fading and drop-out. The last twenty minutes solid copy like a local FM.
Seems to be happy with an S-9 signal level.
Sorry this morphed into a blog BUT I have read many threads on eHam and other forums how to break through the free software and pirating. There is a solution and less frustration to buy the dam software and you are off and running. Life is too short to wrestle and curse at computers.
Fred
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:00:38 PM »

Scroll to the bottom of this page for compiled DReaM:    http://www.df9cy.de/download.htm

IMO, Sodira sounds a bit better than DReaM. Get it here for free: http://www.dsp4swls.de/sodira/sodiraeng.html

KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:29:12 AM »

Thanks K5TED,
Someone interested in trying your link might be surprised. I found the solution that got me running.

Fred
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 10:29:47 AM »

Carsten has some good DRM tools here: http://home.arcor.de/carsten.knuetter/drm.htm

I particularly like DRM Disco.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: