The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for B&B in (Wisconsin?) that featured ham radio  (Read 32231 times)
VE3OP

Ignore
« on: July 27, 2016, 03:07:13 PM »

Ok, this is a long shot. A long time ago, I read an article about a ham in (I believe) Wisconsin, who had an amazing collection of working ham radios.
They were available for use by ham folks that rented a room at the couple's Bed and Breakfast (or small hotel?).
Anyone with any info please let me know.

Thanks.

'73

Craig, VE3OP
ve3op@rac.ca
AA6RR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 12:28:21 AM »

I remember the story. Probably this one:
http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/washington-islands-ham-radio-treasure.311312/
VE3OP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 05:14:41 AM »

That is it!

Thanks a lot Michael for helping me find this again.

Isn't that an amazing shack?

'73

Craig
AA6RR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 09:02:46 AM »

...more like a museum. I hope you checked out the photos on his qrz.com page:
http://www.qrz.com/db/w9evt

Mike
WA2ONH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 05:16:00 PM »

Here's the B&B Direct page at...

http://greengate-wibb.com/
Greengate Farm Country Rentals

Our beautiful retired fruit farm is located on Washington Island, in northeast Wisconsin, is just off the end of the Door Peninsula and north of the “tension” line. On a day with perfect weather, the ferry from Northport will have you to the island in thirty minutes

Ham Photos at
http://greengate-wibb.com/?page_id=5
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 05:24:09 PM by WA2ONH » Logged

73 de WA2ONH   ... Charlie
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There is no shame in not knowing; The shame lies in not finding out"
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 07:43:46 AM »

Yeah...take a vacation with the family just to work all the rigs of your dreams.  Perhaps the family can pick fruit while you fitter away precious time with all the dreamy radios. Geez...no wonder most XYLs hate ham radio.  OK, so I'm a ham and when I go on vacation I don't even take a handheld. Someone once said that if your hobby interrupts your life to the point where it impacts the really important things in your life (like family) then it's time to dump the hobby. Now if you're a bachelor or not married then go for it; if you do have a significant other and you pursue such a vacation don't expect your relationship to last. 
N8AUC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 11:15:00 AM »

Yeah...take a vacation with the family just to work all the rigs of your dreams.  Perhaps the family can pick fruit while you fitter away precious time with all the dreamy radios. Geez...no wonder most XYLs hate ham radio.  OK, so I'm a ham and when I go on vacation I don't even take a handheld. Someone once said that if your hobby interrupts your life to the point where it impacts the really important things in your life (like family) then it's time to dump the hobby. Now if you're a bachelor or not married then go for it; if you do have a significant other and you pursue such a vacation don't expect your relationship to last. 

You have no idea what the OP's circumstances are, or under what context he's thinking about doing this trip.
So you have no business lecturing him, or shaming him into your perception of morality and relationship.
And not ALL XYLs hate ham radio. Some do. Some love it. And some simply tolerate it. Again, you don't know the details of HIS situation.

I've been married for 33 years (in a row) and a ham for 38. I know when it's OK to take a rig with me, and when not to.
Most guys get it. Give the OP the benefit of the doubt before you try to browbeat him into submission.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: