Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 10 International Winter Contest This Weekend  (Read 2534 times)
KD8IZZ

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:35:28 PM »

I'm looking forward to a 10 meter contest because I don't have many contacts on this band (Ham only 4 years). The North American 10m contacts I have made from Ohio last year were almost entirely on the west coast, skipping the entire midwest. I have a 3 element tribander at 20 feet, it doesn't matter what direction I point it, I only hear the west coast. I may put up a low dipole in an attempt to get closer stations. Any advice for operating on 10 meters this time of year? (The beam antenna does reach South America, Europe and Australia quite nicely but not recently)
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 04:44:17 PM »

I always enjoy the 10-10 contests.  10-10 International has a terrific bunch of people in it.  When propagation is good that's the nature of the beast.  10 meters can be a fantastic band for long distant contacts.  Hopefully tomorrow will bring you a better variety of states/countries due to less than average propagation.  I just got on at the start of the contest and band was dead here in Jennings, FL. but was able to work a good friend of mine 30 miles away, real DX hi hi.  GL in the contest!
Randy
W4HIJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:13:33 PM »

Have heard absolutely nothing in Georgia tonight. I'm hoping the daylight hours tomorrow will bring better results! I had once collected enough ten ten numbers to join but then got sidetracked and never did. Whatever record I had of the numbers is long gone.
Michael, W4HIJ
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:53:53 AM »

I AVOID 10-10 like the PLAGUE.
Any group that I have to PAY to get a "number"
is a loser.
W4HIJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 01:22:37 PM »

I AVOID 10-10 like the PLAGUE.
Any group that I have to PAY to get a "number"
is a loser.
That's your choice of course but it's no different than paying dues to belong to any other type of club. I just wish the 10 meter propagation would pick up.
N9ZMO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:10:39 AM »

When I was first licensed, I got on 10m and got my 10 10-10 numbers in a very short order. Word gets out you need the numbers and everyone comes to help get it.

My wife got hers in a mini pile up during one of the 10-10 events in under 10 minutes.

We had fun, it's fun to help others out as well.

73, Kurt
N9ZMO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: