Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truckers on 10 meters, 28.085MHz, time for a RTTY contest on that freq?  (Read 1422 times)
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 12:06:44 AM »

Give the bootleggers an inch, and before you know it it'll be much worse.

That is comical. You couldn't advertise and get enough people interested in radio to cause a problem on 10 meters anywhere other than in your head.

When this current generation of 60 plus year old hams go that will be the end of it.
At no loss to the hobby.

They also probably hide out on six, muttering "its all mine to keep dead and quiet."

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 07:55:14 AM »

There is tremendous value in protecting the spectrum allocated to the amateur service despite the ignorant statement about how much spectrum is not used or inactive due to the propagation so it's OK.  Illegal activities both domestically and internationally are like an encroachment of locusts.  You really can't stop it but you can try.  Yes call CQ and have QSOs right on top of the interlopers.  Punch up the amps and chase them off.  The FCC really can't do anything and they won't lift a finger anyway so the only protectors are us.  Not taking any action just encouranges these lawless cretins to overshadow our privledges. Don't take it lightly.  Turn your beams towards Olga and call CQ.
KM4AH

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 10:21:44 AM »

Yeah, that is what you really need to do. Get something started with some CB'ers. It is not unlikely that you would end up with a 3CX10,000 coming back at you.

And, I did not say it was OK. Just that it is not a big deal and never has been. Never will be.

And, there are plenty of CB'ers around that use the amps we run for drivers.

Start your war.
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 05:19:40 PM »

Yeah, that is what you really need to do. Get something started with some CB'ers. It is not unlikely that you would end up with a 3CX10,000 coming back at you.

And, I did not say it was OK. Just that it is not a big deal and never has been. Never will be.

Start your war.
  I suspect you can from CB and ought to go back and enjoy it.  Why be part of ham radio when all you can do is bash it?  A 3 by 10, don't make me laugh.
KM4AH

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 05:50:00 PM »

Start your war.
 I suspect you can from CB and ought to go back and enjoy it.  Why be part of ham radio when all you can do is bash it?  A 3 by 10, don't make me laugh.

I have been a ham for 30 years. At least you are not a no coder with a dead call being all indignant which really is funny with all that is involved in getting a license these days. Roll Eyes

If some truckers on 10 meters really gets to you maybe you could try pulling out your hair.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:52:25 PM by KM4AH » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: