Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hobby LCR meter  (Read 1325 times)
ND9B

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2013, 05:30:35 PM »

I just lost the bid on a M-Cube LCRZ meter on Ebay. Unfortunately these are no longer in production, and used ones are as scarce as hen's teeth. Is there anything like it on the market in the "hobby" price range?

Bobby Dipole ND9B
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »

Check out AADE.  Their stuff is incredible, reasonably priced, and currently available.
AC2EU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 06:10:32 PM »

I just lost the bid on a M-Cube LCRZ meter on Ebay. Unfortunately these are no longer in production, and used ones are as scarce as hen's teeth. Is there anything like it on the market in the "hobby" price range?

Bobby Dipole ND9B

Look here:
http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/search?cataf=cat1%3Atestequipment&view=list&w=lcr&x=0&y=0

Lots to choose from.

K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 09:05:32 AM »

Bobby:  I suggest you research and or think about what you want to measure before buying a meter.  That might sound like an insult to your intelligence or something uber obvious but let me explain.

I checked a nice little meter for $49.99 on MCM and see the maximum capacitance it will read is 600ufd. 

While that might at first blush seem OK, remember that many power supplies use capacitors in the thousands of ufds, not hundreds. 

The same goes for the inductance range.... only in many cases the smallest inductance that it will read is often too high.  Not saying that for this particular meter because I never read the specs of the whole thing.

Of course there is always the "reason to all things" aspect, based on your particular needs and what you can afford.

Just a FWIW Bobby, based on been there, done that, got a T-shirt!
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 08:16:20 AM »

I was (and still am) very impressed with the AADE device for measuring small L and small C. One change I did suggest to them - and I don't know if they followed through on it - was to change the 5 volt regulator to a low drop out type. That gives you a lot more use out of the battery.

For larger L values, electrolytics and resistance, I picked up for $75 a Marconi Instruments LCR bridge. That even allows you to put DC bias on inductors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: