The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10 has alternatives to Chromebook..with $169 Acer Aspire One Cloudbook  (Read 344 times)
W4KYR

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2015, 04:11:27 PM »

Windows 10 will bring a new line of Chromebook alternatives, starting with $169 Acer Aspire One Cloudbook

(Disclaimer: This is an FYI only and I have no connection to Acer,  Microsoft or to any company that sells computers.  And I don't care what operating system you use. They all have good and bad points.)

In August, Acer will be selling an 11.6"  "Cloudbook" for $169 with Windows 10 and the idea is to compete with Google's Chromebook. Unfortunately, there are no specs available yet. Is this going to be cloud only or a full fledged notebook?  Can it run all Windows software?

If someone has specs, please post them.

So $169 would seem to the the lowest price threshold that someone could say they could get a Windows 10 notebook...er "Cloudbook"...whatever that means. Is $169 going to be the list or "street price"...or it will be discounted lower than $169? I guess it would be a safe bet to say that if they sold these for $125, they "would be flying off the shelves"? Will it be a POS or OK for the price? We'll find out in August.  

http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/15/windows-10-will-bring-a-new-line-of-chromebook-alternatives-starting-with-acers-169-acer-aspire-one-cloudbook/

"Microsoft today showed off a new low-cost laptop from Acer that could pose new competition for Google Chromebooks. The 11.6-inch Acer Aspire One Cloudbook will cost $169, and it will come pre-loaded with the new Windows 10 operating system, Acer PR told VentureBeat in an email. “We will announce specs and availability closer to availability in August,” Acer PR wrote."

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 04:16:39 PM by W4KYR » Logged

Still using Windows 98  ------------------ for Packet Radio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: