The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Password Change"  (Read 2040 times)
VE3GNU

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »

Hello----Eham has declared a "Member Password Change"----and the instructions are rather puzzling---and I cannot access the Reviews area.
As instructed, and for help in this regard I have contacted WEBMASTER@EHAM.NET, but have not received any response---have tried twice.
Any suggestions, comments, or help of any kind is appreciated and welcome.
73---Ernie
VE3GNU
VE3GNU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 06:04:00 PM »

This issue has been resolved-----

73---Ernie
VE3GNU
W6OU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 05:17:22 PM »

Resolved?  When I log in with Firefox and try to access REVIEWS, NEWS, or ARTICLES I get the "Password Change" page.  When I access FORUMS it works ok.  When I log in with Internet Explorer, everything works ok.
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 07:59:25 PM »

Resolved?  When I log in with Firefox and try to access REVIEWS, NEWS, or ARTICLES I get the "Password Change" page.  When I access FORUMS it works ok.  When I log in with Internet Explorer, everything works ok.

Same for me using Chrome. I cleared cookies and still have the problem when logged on.
W6OU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 05:07:01 PM »

I changed my password and now everything works ok.
WA4BCS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 07:34:15 PM »

I changed mine also and every thing works now.
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 09:41:46 AM »

I have been requested to change my password here by eham. I have tried several times using their requirements and it will not work. I just about gave up on it for now. I tried several combinations that they want and still not working , anyone have any good ideas on how to do it?
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 03:31:38 PM »

We've tested the scheme quite well and it seems to work fine. Some folks do seem to have trouble with it but after following the instructions they usually are successful.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Once you log in, please go to www.eham.net/user/passwd and enter a new, higher security, password (characteristics for the new password are described on that page)

You need 4 letters of which at least one must be a capital plus at least one number and at least one special character.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you think you are following these instructions and still failing please email with the exact phrase of the error message - copy and paste (or better - a screenshot)

Mike N2MG
webmaster@eham.net

SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 07:52:33 AM »

Believe it or not, I have tried several times with several different combinations this weekend again and no luck changing my password. I have to do this every 90 days at work so I am very familiar with changing passwords, but this one just wont work for me. Not really sure what to do now. Luckly my desktop still lets me stay logged in but my ipad wont let me see anything until I make the PW change.   Jim  W5JJG
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 08:53:05 AM »

Still Wont Work Huh
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 10:00:52 AM »

Our company IT guy just passed by my desk and I asked him to try a Password reset for me, He tried it twice and it did not work for him either, he just said" something is wrong" and walked off ??
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 10:44:00 AM »

never asked, never did, site still works fine for me.  to fool all the hackers, I changed everything to "asswordP" years ago.  they'll never guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: