The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey I got approved  (Read 19122 times)
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 09:47:00 PM »

ONAIR:  Anyone who spends 30kb on ham gear should be able to afford a Mercedes for his wife!  (You wouldn't be talking about yourself would you?   Grin  )
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 06:09:19 PM »

ONAIR:  Anyone who spends 30kb on ham gear should be able to afford a Mercedes for his wife!  (You wouldn't be talking about yourself would you?   Grin  )
   What gave you that idea?  Smiley   Besides, if you buy the wife a Mercedes, you'd better be prepared to spend a lot more when she drives it to her favorite shopping plaza!!
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 08:56:47 PM »

ONAIR:  That's what it's for!  Tomorrow isn't guaranteed!!
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »

ONAIR:  That's what it's for!  Tomorrow isn't guaranteed!!
  Neither is unlimited wealth!! 
NN2X

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 06:23:03 PM »

Hi Doug...

Welcome to the Ham community....You will love it...If you need any help, you give send me you an email...My email is tom.wright@itc-l.com

It has to be one of the best hobbies in the world...Truly,

Speaking around the world, meeting the folks with all types of backgrounds, and learning a ton, from other cultures, to technology, and just rag chewing...I swear sometimes you think you are at a virtual bar..(Talking with the Germans, or Aussie) they like to slam a few, while hamming!

Tom Wright

NN2X
W8WAM

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 10:47:17 AM »

Hello Doug,

You might find an on line practice test These sites are a useful tool.
Good luck with testing. This a great hobby you should enjoy for a life time. It has been good to me.
Hope to work you some time in the future.

Robin Madden Sr.

W8WAM
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 10:08:45 AM »

Sounds like another good forum topic..... how to outfox the wife!  OK, that's a joke....when you think you've outfoxed your wife, you're kidding yourself!

I used to take an old guy to a yearly hamfest.  On the way home he would empty all the parts bags into his jacket pockets and jam the empty bags under my front seat.  I'd catch him out of the corner of my eye, watching me to see if I knew what he was doing.

I always ignored this because I knew his wife was a bitch wolf and would raise hell and put a rock under it if he spent a dollar.  Of course he would  always tell her, "I just looked around honey."   Roll Eyes
  Actually it would be a great topic!  Wives and girlfriends can cause havoc to a ham's plans and ambitions!  From "Why are you ruining the house with all those weird wires outside?" to "Why are you spending so much time talking to strangers?"  I knew a guy who actually had to buy his wife a Mercedes when she found out that he had spent over $30 grand on transceivers, towers and antennas!!!

Sometimes it is the husband who can ruin amateur radio.

there are YL's out there too.
Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
Free space loss (dB) = 32.4 + 20 × log10d + 20 × log10 f
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 08:34:13 PM »

Actually Trisha, I suspect that more men ruin things for themselves than the wives.  When men get involved in something, no matter what, it's "balls to the wall."  (Look up the term instead of getting upset)

In other words most men go a little crazy with their hobbies and naturally the wife will have an input on it. 
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: