Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Criticism of seller and bad product rating posing as a Product Review.  (Read 11530 times)
N3HAM

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2014, 05:06:33 PM »

Recently a product review was posted for a Hendricks PFR3 giving it a bad review. It wasn't the rig he was slamming (it had reached Australia with some damage and/or parts missing and worked rather well when fixed) but the seller, Doug Hendricks for not responding to his emails. If the fellow had just looked at his web site he would have seen that Doug posted he would be on vacation from July 1st til mid August. I realize he has a business to run but we are not talking being stranded on the side of the road and AAA isn't answering. Maybe there is no cell coverage or internet if he's vacationing in the boonies. I think a review like this isn't valid and should be pulled since it lowers a product rating. It belongs on the Company Reviews forum. I thought QRPing was all about patience. 
KF4CQR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 05:34:31 PM »

Using a vacation as a month and a half excuse for a seller.

I do not buy that.

I hope there is more to this story.

N3HAM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 06:19:50 PM »

Anyone who has bought from Doug will tell you that if there is a problem with a delivered kit he deals with it promptly at no expense to you. I believe he works from his home so not a big slick operation that maybe YouKits might be. It wasn't a product review IMO, it belonged in the forum for company reviews so comments could be made. As you know you can't do that with a counter review according to Site Rules. There must be more to the story.
NA4M

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 07:09:45 PM »

I took a another look at the subject review.

It was decided it let the review stay in the product reviews because it has a focus on issues with the actual product as well as customer service.   

The general guideline is as long as the primary focus of a review is the product mentioning customer service is OK.

But reviews only about customer service do belong in the CompanyReviews Forum.  Some reviews comtemt judgements are clear cut  - some not.

73 Phil NA4M
eHam Product Reviews Manager
G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 01:56:29 AM »

To be fair to the reviewer, a review should be able to include support. After all, would you buy a new product from a manufacturer who provides no warranty? Probably not.

Too many reviews on eHam are on the basis of "I just bought an XYZ123, it arrived yesterday and because I bought it, it's brilliant and I rate it a 5". There is a natural tendency for euphoria over a recent purchase, so a review that states the cold reality of poor customer support, for whatever reason, is a valid one.

Dave
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 06:39:22 AM »

To some, bad customer service means that their phone call was not answered in the middle of the first ring by the exact person who could take care of their problem.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 07:04:45 AM »

To some, bad customer service means that their phone call was not answered in the middle of the first ring by the exact person who could take care of their problem.
Care to assign a number to that statement?

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: