Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Article on SMOM  (Read 1011 times)
W2IRT

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2013, 10:44:48 PM »

Would have been nice to see a 1A activation for this (not that I need them anywhere except 10 and 160).
http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/02/09/peculiar-900-year-old-order-of-the-knights-of-malta-celebrates-anniversary-with-vatican-mass/

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 11:07:21 PM »

I saw a single spot for SMOM today. I din't know if it was real or a fake but now that I see they had an important anniversary it may have been legit.

Chris/NU1O
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 07:33:13 AM »

Looks like a ham convention with a costume theme.  Roll Eyes
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 08:53:23 AM »

HV was on Friday.  I got him on 15m.  I still don't have HV confirmed yet...

Jonathan W6GX
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 10:26:49 AM »

Jonathan W6GX

How many countries worked are you up to now?

Chris/NU1O
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 01:55:34 PM »

Jonathan W6GX

How many countries worked are you up to now?

Chris/NU1O

275 and apparently that's not enough for me to start complaining!  There are too many announced dxpeditions that are ANTOs for me.  I can't imagine myself waiting a long time without working ATNOs.  I know that day will come but please don't remind me how boring it is once you reach 300 or more.

Jonathan W6GX
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 05:34:57 AM »

SMOM has an interesting history. I've managed to work them on two bands over the past few years, but like the Vatican station, also in Rome, they don't seem to have heard of Australia. Italy is dead easy to work from here, but those two entities in Rome are very difficult.
Speaking of Rome, I heard on the news tonight the Bishop of Rome has announced his resignation.
Luke VK3HJ
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 06:07:32 AM »

SMOM has an interesting history. I've managed to work them on two bands over the past few years, but like the Vatican station, also in Rome, they don't seem to have heard of Australia. Italy is dead easy to work from here, but those two entities in Rome are very difficult.
Speaking of Rome, I heard on the news tonight the Bishop of Rome has announced his resignation.
Luke VK3HJ

The Vatican and SMOM are not hard to work from the East Coast of the USA but their sparse operating times makes them fairly hard to work. 

The resignation of Pope Benedict XVI seems to have caught everybody by surprise. It has not happened since 1415.  The media is clamoring for a black Pope. How about a good Pope regardless of color?

Chris/NU1O
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 06:07:57 AM »

and in light of the news of the day, working HV and 1A probably has a wee bit more significance at the current time.....Interesting times indeed.....

V
KA3NRX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: