The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know K4RGC, Ronald G Church ?  (Read 4644 times)
N2CVS

Ignore
« on: March 14, 2018, 05:49:13 AM »

Does anyone know K4RGC, Ronald G Church ?

I'm trying to verify a sale he made to me which
I paid $2000 for a KPA500 and KAT500.
He has gone non responsive.

The are running this add:

http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/539142
Elecraft K-Line Station

Selling my Complete Elecraft K-Line station in excellent working condition. It has never been modified or repaired, It has no problem or issues on it. It from a non smoking home. Elecraft units have the latest firmware installed and are all to the latest hardware spec. Complete Elecraft K-Line K3 P3 KPA500 Linear Amplifier All Factory Built Elecraft K3,P3 Panadapter with P3SVGA, KPA500 – 500 Watt Linear Amp, KAT500 High Power ATU The Transceiver is in perfect condition, has all manuals for all options and accessories and is fitted with the following options: KAT3 - INTERNAL ANTENNA TUNER KXV3A - TRANSVERTER INTERFACE K144XV - 2 METRE INTERNAL TRANSVERTER K144RFLK - REFERENCE LOCK BOARD FOR 2M TRANSVERTER KTCX03 - 1 - 0.5ppm TCXO KDVR3 - DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER KBF3 - GENERAL COVERAGE RECEIVE BANDPASS MODULE PR6 - 6M PRE-AMP K3SSKT - STAINLESS STEEL SCREW KIT MH2 - HAND MICROPHONE And the following filters are fitted: KFL3A-1.8K - 8 POLE 1.8KHz 8 POLE FILTER KFL3A-2.8K - 8 POLE 2.8KHz 8 POLE FILTER KFL3A-6K - 8 POLE 6.0KHz 8 POLE FILTER KFL3B-FM - 8 POLE 13.0KHz FM 8 POLE FILTER The P3 Pan Adaptor is in perfect conditon completed with all cables and manuals The KPA500 Amplifier is in perfect condition completed with manuals. Asking $5,250 for complete station.

IP: Email: K4RGC
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 06:18:47 AM »

The ad kind of raises the hackles on the back of my neck: liars tend to provide a lot of detail in an effort to enhance credibility

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
W4AJF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 07:00:28 AM »

Hi, unless I am reading it wrong, according to the sellers Original post it says his IP address is in California so that is a problem.

Good luck,

Adam Farber W4AJF
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 11:00:18 AM »

I am hoping you are going to tell us you paid with Pay Pal and not as family/friends...then you can get your money back...
WB4IVF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 03:54:55 AM »

Looks like the “seller” (almost certainly not the real K4RGC) copied most of his wording from this 2012 ad:

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/K3-For-Sale-complete-K-Line-in-Australia-td7556876.html

You’ve been scammed.  Hope you paid with Paypal (non-friends and family) as W0XX said.  

Howard
W1WN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 05:33:20 AM »

So sorry to hear this.  I don't pretend to be an expert but I did author an article on eham regarding some do's and don'ts regarding purchases from 3rd parties.  I hope it works out.

Dave, w1wn
K4FX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 07:06:37 AM »

This clown is still at it, I had went back thru ads looking for a KPA500 and KAT500 for sale, I saw a couple that weren't marked sold so I dropped them an email to see if the gear was still available. This clown came back and answered from k4rgc@aol.com, said it had to be paid via PayPal family and friends, cause he was selling it too cheap to eat the fees, I then offered to pay the fees and he agreed, then in a subsequent email he slyly went back to asking for friends and family. I knew this was a scam after his first email since I did a search on him and found out about his previous activity in this forum. When I asked if the email he was on was good for PayPal he told me to send it to Acevans85@yahoo.com. Sure would like to know K4RGC's real email to alert him to this. Not everyone understands these scams, some actually think the call holder is the guilty one. My call was used for a scam once and the guy who was scammed was looking at me sideways even after calling me on the phone and seeing that none of the emails he conversed with where used by me.
Stuff like this really gets under my skin....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: