Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frustrated, but not willing to quit  (Read 336 times)
KG4DGF

Ignore
« on: August 29, 2009, 06:47:03 PM »

Hello all, bee checking out the forum for a while since i want to be a CW op.  I am currently very frustrated trying to increase my speed since i don't have very many outlets.  I have been using G4FON Koch method a bit, and using the program Morse Runner, and i feel i am on the cusp of a breakthrough.  Unfortunately i want some on air practice, and currently i am a college student living in an apartment, rough conditions.  I have a 33 foot wire and a 33 foot ground running into the back of my auto tuner, but i am afraid to use more than 20 watts, wanting to be a good neighbor.  Anyways perhaps my signal isn't getting out well(been working strictly on 40M) but i can call CQ all night with no response.  Anyways i need advise on how to improve my receive speed so i can understand the faster stations, maybe try to catch the tail of a QSO.  I really want to be a CW op (bad enough i didn't even bother bringing my mic with) so any advice is appreciated.

Best 73
Erik
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: