Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N7DPP, DON PINSON----------ANSWER YOUR EMAILS-WHERE IS MY RADIO??????????????  (Read 11669 times)
KC8UAV

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2013, 02:03:55 PM »

DON---------N7DPP------------MAN UP AND RESPOND-----------I EXPECT A ANSWER

Well I guess the time has come to realize there are bad hams too. I hope and pray that Don Pinson, aka N7DPP didn't just scam me. We agreed on a trade for my new iPad 3 for his Yaesu FT-897, and not ever having a issue trading with a fellow ham, agreed. I shipped my iPad out on Tuesday the 12th of Feb. Insured, tracking number, the usual.....He responded back to me with some tracking number that does not work on the USPS site. Finding this as a concern, I emailed Don and he said " well it can take a few days" for the tracking number to register. I have never once had this issue with the USPS system. So, I tracked MY iPad as it traveled across the country, while I had nothing to reference as to the whereabouts of my incoming rig. And I still have no rig. And he's not responding to about 6-10 emails I've sent to him over the past 30 or so hours. Amazing.

Rest assured, I will take legal action if he does not come through. Based on the high number of out of state transactions, this is a federal offence, and not the first one.

Again, I hope I am wrong and the radio is in fact en-route. But if it's not, hello legal system. Who else has to go through this before something is done.

I would love to see comments,

Patrick, KC8UAV

AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 05:01:59 PM »

I don't understand, why people do not run a simple google search, before sending any gear on good faith in the mail to a stranger.  I understand, there was a time when a pretty reliable honor system existed within the ranks of ham radio.  But those days are long gone.

A simple search would have alerted you, not to do any trades with this guy.  IMO, Based on what I've read, he is just a low life common thief scumbag.

Good luck getting any gear or money back, no one else has seemed to obtain a resolution to their bad deals with DP, at least legally.  Wink

KB6PJU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 01:36:28 PM »

You will be extremely fortunate to only loose money dealing with the waste of SKIN !!! I bought a 811H from him,and it arrived with 3 811's and one 572 in it,all broken. Fortunately, I was smart enough to use PayPal/guest with my Mastercard,and by the time it was shipped back to him, I only lost MY shipping costs to send his junk back......then the same amp was re-listed on Ebay AGAIN,AND SOLD ALSO. I pity anyone attempting to do business with this jerk and his wife. Watch out for the Ebay seller "ortinghellraiser" because he is using his wifes Ebay account [they closed HIS account]. As I said, a waste of skin.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:35:04 AM »

don't understand, why people do not run a simple google search,

Agree. I just looked him up various ways in Google, by various versions of his name and call sign. The words, "scam,"  "fraud" or "ripoff" appear at the top of the G results list no matter how one searches.

No one should fall for his scams... at least under that name and call sign.

My company ships huge numbers of web orders with zero fraud (yes, ZERO). But, among other simple precautions, we Google the names and addresses of people who attempt especially large or suspicious purchases.

K7CB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 08:20:46 AM »

I noticed that Don responds to some of the threads on eHam but never acknowledges or tries to explain the allegations against him.  Very interesting.
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »

I notice that nobody ever hops on a cheap Alaska Air flight to Washington to take care of Mr. Pinson in person.
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 09:32:24 AM »

According to a QRZ search there are about 60 hams in Orting WA 98360. If I were a person who lost money or equipment to Mr. Pinson, I would write a well thought out, civil letter explaining the situation and providing as much documentation as I could, and spend $27 in postage and mail a copy to every ham in that city asking him/her to assist me in rectifying the situation.   I emphasize that the letter must be well written.  Write it and take a copy to someone who can read it and make what corrections and or additions it needs to make it as plain and understandable as it needs to be.  A rambling diatribe telling this person what a low-life Mr. Pinson is from some one he/she does not know will not convince a person to confront someone  he/she does know.

Pressure from afar can be ignored, but if his local ham buddies confront him, maybe he would consider at least answering the allegations.

Just a thought

Clint - W5CPT -
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 04:37:16 AM »

Could be that he doesn't have any local ham buddies--but pressure from the group of them could do something.  The sad part is that most people like that just don't give a darn, and the local hams have washed their hands of him.
KC8UAV

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:13:28 AM »

I am also looking into local hams and clubs for information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: