Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morse code mystery.  (Read 355 times)
LB5KE

Ignore
« on: August 31, 2009, 01:06:31 AM »

In Spain there is someone or something sending morse code with light, every time a train passes over a bridge.
However the timing and spacing seems wrong. Perhaps i am wrong, is there a message after all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biz4VREzCz0
WB5JEO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:39:42 AM »

Certainly no coherent message. If this event is typical, I note that it begins just before the engine comes into view and ends just before the last car reaches the same point. In the opening wide shot, the angles are shown to be not so great, and it might be that there\'s a reflective surface on the building that happens to be at a slight downward angle to reflect lights from the cars at that point. That would make it happen whenever a night train passes. I\'d look to see if it starts and stops when the train reaches and leaves the same point on the bridge when it\'s traveling the other direction.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »

It's obviously a message from outer space, possibly Martian.

It reads, "You're going too fast, please slow down.  Thank you."

;-)
AB9NZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:38:59 PM »

Apparently Jorn, LB5KE, is to shy to brag about his free program you can download from his very fine biz website. It lets you try copying code from a flashing light. Lots of nice links too. Thank you Jorn, very generous and very cool.   73 de Tom, AB9NZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: