Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XT2TT start today  (Read 8665 times)
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2013, 02:25:31 PM »

Funny - that's exactly how I feel and would add that I think everyone should be able to pursue their happiness - as long as they don't hurt anyone else. Personal responsibility is high on my list.

OK - promise not to get into politics or religion anymore. Sorry - I slipped - sorry to screw up this thread.

Yes - when is that first rare ATNO going to be announced dang it?

You are quite right, Rich. You do need to spend time with another fellow over a few drinks to really get to know them.  I have a feeling you and I have much more in common, besides a love of radio, than either of us imagine.

What did you do pull an all-nighter?  I know you are sometimes up late but I can't recall you ever writing so early my time.

Chris/NU1O

At the most I get 6 hours sleep. I blame it on 160M!
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2013, 03:09:48 PM »

The ONLY problem with this forum is the couple of people who think they cannot be faulted.  Why should I agree with or approve of something you post here, when I dont?  That does not make you wrong, but I dont think anyone else here agrees with everything you say. Different personalities here from condesending to almost sub-serviant seem to show up now and then. The former being more prevalent.

Satisified? I dont know what else to say.

73, Gene AF3Y

I have never made a remark that I am always right and nobody can disagree with me. I have no idea where you are getting that from. Many often disagree with what I write and I have no problem with that.

The other day when you didn't like being criticized for using the LoTW help desk I wrote LoTW makes a lot of money and it's not our fault if the ARRL runs LoTW with a skeleton crew. I wrote that if Gene needs to call for help he should be able to do so. I also wrote that since you are probably the elder statesman of the forum you should be treated with the respect that accords. If anybody could be accused of being subservient some may think I have been too subservient to you. Go reread the messages if you didn't see them the first time.

About six months ago you made it very clear you don't have any use for nets when I wrote WA2YUN/KH9 was active in the ANZA Net from Wake island.  I got your big speech about how a net contact isn't a real contact, etc.. The other day when I mentioned I had received LoTW credit for that QSO you started all over again with a bunch of silly faces and you voiced your displeasure at nets again.

I don't have to use nets to work DX but once in awhile I check into the ANZA Net because I like the guys on the net and working that part of the globe. At 318 countries worked chances are remote I will work a new one in the ANZA Net but I happened to be on the ANZA Net the night Wake Island was there so I worked him. I already had Wake confirmed so it wasn't a new one.  My question to you is why do you give a damn if somebody else works a station in a net?  If you don't ike nets don't use them, but if they make some hams happy by working stations they would not ordinarily be able to work I don't think it's for me or you to tell them they shouldn't use a net. They are not illegal.

Today, I posted a headline I read on the Drudge Report.  Here are your comments:

DRUDGE REPORT? You actually read that ultra far right wing stuff?  Not QUITE as bad as Hannity, Coulter and the fat junkie, Limbaugh or the crazy guy..... whats his name?  Beck.......

Before you yell, I dont like the FAR LEFT either.... MOST, if not all of these ENTERTAINERS, not newsmen, spout their filth ONLY because IT PAYS THEM WELL...........

That's called ridicule, Gene, so who is trying to force one's views on others?

I get it, you don't like right wing conservatives but nobody questioned the accuracy of that headline. Last month Americans saw their biggest one month drop in income in 20 years. That story is a fact. It doesn't matter if it was reported by Matt Drudge or MSNBC.  

If you don't like Drudge, Coulter, or Rush Limbaugh, change the dial but don't tell me what I should not read or watch.  I already wrote that I read multiple news outlets a day both from liberal and conservative sources.  You do yourself a big disservice by blocking out the side of the debate you disagree with.  Sometimes the liberals are right and sometimes the conservatives are right. And, in case you aren't aware of it, all those political commentators are entertainers and are strictly in it for the money. That goes for Katie Couric, Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton, and it even went for the almighty Walter Cronkite.

Finally, I don't have a deep personal interest in your life story but your story about becoming a liberal at age 65 didn't make any sense when I read it and it turns out my suspicions were right because you now say you became MORE liberal at age 65 than when your were in the ASA. You were never a conservative who changed stripes at age 65, you were always a liberal. Only you know why you pretended to have a conversion at age 65.

Chris/NU1O

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:14:25 PM by NU1O » Logged
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2013, 03:26:19 PM »

Chris, I am going to make one last post regarding this crap.  I personally dont give a tinkers damn what you think of me. I dont give a damn whether or not you like what I post here. My suggestion to you is to not read my posts. I am not going anywhere. I will continue to post as I please. Nothing you say is going to change my mind about whatever I think or want to say.

Everyone here knows how I feel about nets and skeds, to work DX.  That is my right to feel that way. Most people agree. There are those who dont, and that is OK too. I think it stinks.... period.

You know, its funny tho........ You always seem to have some kind of problem with somebody here on the forum. You seem to be an unhappy person who just cannot get along.  Quite frankly,I would not give a damn if you ever posted anything here again. I dont intend to read or reply to them.

Now go on....... You can have the last word.  I think most who read here can see the wolf in lambs clothing.  I actually feel sorry for you.  My last word on this.

73, Gene AF3Y
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2013, 02:38:30 PM »

XT2TT nice signal on 80 CW, an hour before sunset on US East Coast.
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »

Weak but workable from the WC on 17M CW.

Good op.

73 de harry, W6DXO
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2013, 07:58:29 AM »

How does the QSL donation work?  Do I have to send green stamps to Italy and hope it gets by their postal system Sad  Or, is there a PayPal payment system in place?  (I didn't see one on the QSL card website.)

Pete
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2013, 08:14:20 AM »

How does the QSL donation work?  Do I have to send green stamps to Italy and hope it gets by their postal system Sad  Or, is there a PayPal payment system in place?  (I didn't see one on the QSL card website.)

Pete

Despite Italy's problem with Organized Crime, I have never had problems with the mail system.  That includes relatives who the family sends gifts to through the mail. OC has a lot of investments in the tourism industry and it's not a good idea from a macro-economic view to hurt something as basic as the mail system.  Anyway, that's my theory and I'm sticking with it until I see proof which changes my mind.

They have a website and a link for donations and this team has sent me many QSL's from their trips to Africa.

http://www.i2ysb.com/idt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=134&Itemid=250

Chris/NU1O

W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2013, 08:14:43 AM »

http://win.i2ysb.com/logonline/default.asp?ID_dxpedition=33

You typically go to this page, or hit the OQRS button from their home page.

You search for your QSOs, type in the times so they know you made the QSOs.  I typically write out the times on a sheet of paper to avoid mistakes.  I've heard that if you upload your QSOs to Clublog, you don't need to type in the times.

Then you can pay for the QSL with a Paypal account.

Zack W1VT
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:19:58 AM by W1VT » Logged
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2013, 08:32:30 AM »

I2YSB Silvano is pretty good with OQRS and he answers email. One time my cards did get delayed in the mail but that didn't appear to be their fault based on the date of the postmark.
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2013, 09:34:29 AM »

I worked XT2TT in the DX SSB contest last weekend. I'm not sure who the operator was, but it was a thing of beauty to hear him working the SIMPLEX pileup with at least 100 stations calling him. I just sat and listened for about 10 minutes as he ran an outstanding pace with only occasional repeats. Even though he was relatively weak here in Utah, he pulled my 100 watt signal out of the fray with no problems after only a couple calls.

What an incredible talent and amazing ears to work stations like that!
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2013, 11:02:26 AM »

I worked XT2TT in the DX SSB contest last weekend. I'm not sure who the operator was, but it was a thing of beauty to hear him working the SIMPLEX pileup with at least 100 stations calling him. I just sat and listened for about 10 minutes as he ran an outstanding pace with only occasional repeats. Even though he was relatively weak here in Utah, he pulled my 100 watt signal out of the fray with no problems after only a couple calls.

What an incredible talent and amazing ears to work stations like that!

Some of these ops are amazing to listen to.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2013, 04:30:02 AM »

I got them on 4 bands sent them a donation yesterday. I never was around when they were on the low bands.  But great job XT2TT, Nother exceptional DXpedition!

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2013, 06:45:56 AM »

With the current exchange rate, the OQRS fee was $4.95 (plus transaction fee if you don't link a bank account).

I was quite pleased to get them on 80 CW with 100 watts and my wire vertical--with a card from C4N yesterday, I just need two more QSLs for 5BDXCC!

Zack W1VT
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2013, 06:54:53 AM »

With the current exchange rate, the OQRS fee was $4.95 (plus transaction fee if you don't link a bank account).

I was quite pleased to get them on 80 CW with 100 watts and my wire vertical--with a card from C4N yesterday, I just need two more QSLs for 5BDXCC!

Zack W1VT

Sweet! I really regret not working them on the low bands. I am guessing I'll have at least one more year before I'll have 80m DXCC

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: