Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W0DVN "Duke's Hi-Fi" = VERY POOR business  (Read 4373 times)
N8NSN

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2013, 04:46:07 PM »

WØDVN
GARY J FOLLETT
426 WEST WHEELOCK PARKWAY
SAINT PAUL, MN 55117
United States

Has cadavers listed on qth dot com. Not sure if he has them losted here,as well.

Anyway, we made a deal on a knob for a Marauder he has listed back in beginning of this month. Sent him the check for ten bucks on December 4th. To this date, 20 December, check still not cashed. Anyway, emailed 2 weeks ago. He said he doesn't feel well. OK, get better soon. Last week correspondence stated he had to "look for the knob" and I'd have it this week...

Guess who still doesn't have the knob...

He calls his "business" Duke's Hi-Fi.

I know, it's only 10 bucks... Thank Goodness. I believe I have been rooked.
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 06:54:35 PM »

he guested at the St. Paul ARC a couple months back, said with age he had been curtailing the area in which he looks for bargains he can fix up and turn around.  apparently quite a packrat with stuff.  knowing that, I'd just bug him again and see if he's chasing it.  this is apparently getting to be more common with single-handed hobby/retirement businesses.
N8NSN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 04:33:27 AM »

Emailed Gary through QTH dot com last night. Received response this morning (Saturday) stating the knob was mailed this week. ...we'll see. Squeeky wheels get grease, but squeeking isn't my "style". Squeeking is time spent that could be put to far better use. The Marauder is fully restored and in use. For what it is - a very good transmitter. Rock solid VFO, accurate sliderule frequency indicator, superb audio on SSB (which I rarely use), fun to use with the Mohawk RX-1, and decent AM Fone transmitter, though I use other transmitters for AM Fone that are far better. The Marauder is SSB/AM - as it uses only one side band to generate the audio component on the carrier. Looks funny on a pan adapter, but works OK. A nice Apache to mod-up is next in the plan for the Heathkit Tribal line-up. Yes, the tribals are heavy and cumbersome, but they'll be around and running great for another 50 years, I'm certain.
N8NSN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »

OK - remember Sanford & Son ?
I think I'm going to change my name to Lamont...
Fred says, "Lamont, you big dummy..."
That's how I feel, now.

The knob did in fact show up today. Sigh. Yes, 17 days was a long wait, but all came through. R suppose there was some confusion on what exactly I bought from Gary, though. Gary sent the chrome 1&3/16 knob AND a chrome 1&3/4 knob, which I didn't order... I'll send that one back to him if he wants it back.

Now, I will notify eHam moderators to pull this post if possible.

73 all.

N8NSN
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 02:33:24 PM »

might be worthwhile to just leave it up, the whole set of communications can be instructive.  glad your order worked out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: